Hello all,

I just purchased Beyond160 and it seems to be dropping some words when it splits the text into 2 or more sections.

What I am doing is typing until is says that I have reached the 160 limit, hitting the menu key and picking "Go Beyond 160" and continue to type. Once I hit send, the message is split into the required number of parts and sent. When I check what was sent, there are 3 or 4 words at the point where the message is split that are dropped.

Any idea if this is something I am not doing that I should be doing or a problem with the program?

Mike
    08-25-09 08:02 PM
    You are doing nothing wrong. If someone does not respond with a fix for you, I would contact the software maker for support. If nothing else they can investigate and get a patch or new revision if needed.
    08-25-09 08:57 PM
    Hello all,

I just purchased Beyond160 and it seems to be dropping some words when it splits the text into 2 or more sections.

What I am doing is typing until is says that I have reached the 160 limit, hitting the menu key and picking "Go Beyond 160" and continue to type. Once I hit send, the message is split into the required number of parts and sent. When I check what was sent, there are 3 or 4 words at the point where the message is split that are dropped.

Any idea if this is something I am not doing that I should be doing or a problem with the program?

Mike

Mike,

Did you change your "SMS Message Size" to 140? You'll need to make sure and do that since you're with Telus. You can do that in the Beyond160 Options under the menu.
    09-12-09 09:47 AM
    Mike,

Did you change your "SMS Message Size" to 140? You'll need to make sure and do that since you're with Telus. You can do that in the Beyond160 Options under the menu.
    Yes I did and that worked perfectly now. Thanks for the tip
    09-12-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD