The title says it all. All I want to know is which brower is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 09:20 AM
    I prefer Bolt over Opera- luv the desktop view.
    04-29-09 09:40 AM
    Bolt is better at looking at the proper websites, but gets bogged down when scrolling over large images, whereas Opera downsizes the images, at least in mobile view.

My biggest beef with Bolt is that it is too easy to switch to the overview, and then is sluggish to get to zoom back in.
    04-29-09 10:09 AM
    Installed and tried both. Kept Bolt, and have no big issues with it.
    04-29-09 10:20 AM
    Bolt is way to slow. Opera gets the job done in mobile or desktop view, plus it is easy to switch views(by hitting 1 and checking mobile view)

I had both browers on my phone for the last 2 weeks, and I noticed I was using opera more. Bolt seemed to have a nicer RSS feed, but now that I only use opera I don't mind it.

Also I wan't really a fan of bolt having the zoom window on the bottom. I also thought the text was a little bit small and hard on the eyes even when large text was selected. Opera has that square zoom window that moves in any direction fast with the 2,4,6,8 keys, 5 to zoom in/out.

They both don't take up 2 much room so you could also dl both and use the heck out of them I did. I was reading how fast bolt was and that was what got my interest going. Pardon if this is a little redundant, or kinds of run-on-ish i'm typing quick before a meeting. Uhm go opera!

04-29-09 10:21 AM
    I've had many problems with Opera. I have installed/uninstalled 2 times and now its off my phone for good. Never tried Bolt.
    04-29-09 10:23 AM
    I have tried both. Bolt seems to work the best for me. Its fast and that is all I care about.
    04-29-09 10:24 AM
    Edit won't let me save my changes pardon any errors.

04-29-09 10:28 AM
    Opera Mini stops loading page images past a certain point and there's no way to fix it....

That issue alone makes OM suck (ignoring any other problems).
    04-29-09 10:43 AM
    I like bolt. The only issue I've had with it is that bolt doesn't have a paste option.

04-29-09 01:31 PM
    I really like Bolt. I keep both on the Bold but have been using Bolt since it came out and more so now with the update. When Skyfire comes out, that will probably become my primary browser.
    04-29-09 01:39 PM
    I like bolt. The only issue I've had with it is that bolt doesn't have a paste option.

I use copy and paste all the time in Bolt for entering web addresses. Or are you talking about pasting from an open web site?
    04-29-09 03:00 PM
    I was referring to pasting a url address but I just came back here to say I found that option. I'm dumb. :-)

04-29-09 03:14 PM
    I prefer bolt. I have never been a fan of OM, and I rarely use bolt. I only use bolt if I need to check my bank account or something like that. Otherwise, I just use the native browser.
    04-29-09 03:17 PM
    I like opera better. It has a smother feel + is faster. Just my opinion.
    04-29-09 03:33 PM
    Opera Mini for me !
    04-29-09 03:37 PM
    I just downloaded the bolt .96 version (had the .83) and it was such an improvement. The cursor actually moves faster and it loads a lot better. I used to like OM compared to bolt but now that they changed the cursor problem it helped out a lot. OM is good for certain things but I prefer bolt over OM just bc the way the pages are displayed. Sometimes with OM I get an overlap with pictures where it looks like the pictures are set to "tiled" andf it just repeats the image (bc OM resizes the images so it looks like there's more than one of the same image if it doesn't properly resize it) but yeah, imo BOLT > OM.

04-29-09 06:01 PM
    Okay so far ppl like bolt better... What's skyfire? I never heard of it. Let's add that. Bolt vs OM vs Skyfire

04-29-09 06:27 PM
    I haven't used Bolt's last couple of builds - I got so turned off when the scrolling around the browser process was still slow as molasses. I've heard its much better now. One thing I DO like about Opera on the BlackBerry - it seems you can download MUCH bigger files than in the standard Browser (I'm on 4.5.0.138 with an 8330). I've downloaded 100+MB video files no problem, using Opera, that is.

For that reason alone, I leave it on my device.
    04-30-09 12:00 AM
    I love Bolt. It's super speedy on my curve. Much faster than the native browser and I love viewing the full web pages. I tried Opera mini and ended up deleting it the same day I downloaded it.
    04-30-09 06:39 AM
    Opera Mini is the hands down winner for me (on BB Storm 9530). It's much faster than Bolt or BB browser and I've never had any problems with OM at all.

There's some things I like with Bolt and it renders content beautifully from a visual perspective but it's painfully slow to load pages and browse forward / back. And once you click on something in Bolt there's no way to stop the page from loading like you can in OM and BB browser, you have to just sit and wait for your mistake page to load then hit back and wait again for the original page to reload, all at painfully slow speeds. This by itself is the deal breaker for me in terms of considering Bolt for everyday use.

I still kept Bolt and use it as a second browser so I can multi task. I do like it a little better than the BB browser.
    05-03-09 11:24 AM
    I like that idea of using bolt as a 2nd browser so you can multi-task. Why didn't I think of that? Well that's what these forums are for. Thanks, I'm gonna dl bolt till skyfire is out of beta + released. It looks promising with flash support. Fingers crossed.
    05-03-09 01:11 PM
    Bolt has improved with the last update but in my opinion OM is still ahead all around.

05-03-09 07:09 PM
    Okay so far ppl like bolt better... What's skyfire? I never heard of it. Let's add that. Bolt vs OM vs Skyfire

Basically, Skyfire is similar to Bolt, but is is primarily for WinMo phones.....They are in the process of creating a version for BB, but I would stick with Bolt for now....
    05-03-09 11:35 PM
    You can stop page loads in Bolt with the back button, it just has to be past 20%

05-03-09 11:51 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD