I heard that Bolt browser does not work on the Storm but according to this:

Internet Browser for Blackberry Storm: Bolt Browser Gets Updated and Now Works Better With The Storm! | The BlackBerry Storm

it does! Am I right to assume that Opera is faster but Bolt has a better interface? I know they are both faster than the regular BB browser. Sometimes the regular browser does not load full pages, or takes too long and just stops loading after awhile.

Will installing these programs slow my Berry down at all? And which one do you think is "better"?
    Last edited by Tom_Storm; 07-12-09 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask important question.
    07-12-09 03:21 PM
    The only way generally a program slows down your phone is when it runs in the background. Some programs are not optimized for the phone .... like vz navigator for example (memory hog). Those browsers should not slow down your phone. With them remember though when you click links in emails it will still launch the default browser and as of yet there is no way to change that (cross fingers for future).
    07-12-09 03:30 PM
    Ah good call, it will open links in the default browser? Yeah that would be a nice fix, to open in the browser of your choice. With all the hype about SkyFire coming out I really want to look into that! But between Opera and Bolt, do you have a preference?
    07-12-09 03:34 PM
    Bolt renders nicely. Its slightly faster than BB browser. Its slower than OM, due to opera's server based rendering technique which usually supercharges page loads.

Neither are fully Storm ready, but they both work well enough. With opera you have to change several settings to get things right, but they're simple menu changes. Search to find threads with them detailed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by catbertz; 07-12-09 at 04:01 PM.
    07-12-09 03:59 PM
    opera mini is better.
    07-12-09 03:59 PM
    Bolt renders really fast but I had issues trying to select hyperlinks due to the lack of zoom. Bolt will be cool with some work but Opera mini is the best overall browser I have used. Admittedly, I have not tried bolt in a few weeks so I don't know if they have improved it.

07-12-09 04:40 PM
    I really hated Bolt, I ended up using Opera Mini which was better, but not great. That is the Storms big downfall, terrible web browsers.
    07-12-09 05:05 PM
    Bolt renders the pages better, but opera is faster
    07-12-09 05:46 PM
    Bolt renders the pages better, but opera is faster
    I use BOLT. I'm willing to wait a little for the better rendering. Even being slower than Opera, it's still fast enough to not be an issue.
    07-12-09 06:39 PM
    not to jack thread, but how do you download opera mini now? I did a wipe and fresh .151 install and now everytime I go to mini.opera.com it sends me in circles trying to download.
    07-12-09 06:50 PM
    not to jack thread, but how do you download opera mini now? I did a wipe and fresh .151 install and now everytime I go to mini.opera.com it sends me in circles trying to download.
    Your browser needs to be set to blackberry. Sounds like you have it on internet explorer or firefox.

07-12-09 07:41 PM
    Your browser needs to be set to blackberry. Sounds like you have it on internet explorer or firefox.

thanks, I should have mentioned I tried setting browser to blackberry aswell. No clue whats going on.

Sorry for asking this in your thread, I started one in the appropriate section. My apologies
    07-12-09 08:01 PM
    Until one comes up with a better bookmark management scheme, I'm an Opera Mini fan. Why can't we get an import/export function?
    07-12-09 08:32 PM
    I like Opera much better.

Is anyone having an issue with newest version of Bolt to where the keyboard won't pop up when you click on an input text box? I don't remember having to manually bring up the keyboard with previous versions.
    07-12-09 09:14 PM
    I like Opera much better.

Is anyone having an issue with newest version of Bolt to where the keyboard won't pop up when you click on an input text box? I don't remember having to manually bring up the keyboard with previous versions.
    They added the option for inline text entry. For some reason with that setting the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically though. If you go to preferences and uncheck inline text it will go back to like it was before.
    07-12-09 09:32 PM
    They added the option for inline text entry. For some reason with that setting the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically though. If you go to preferences and uncheck inline text it will go back to like it was before.
    Ahhh I see. Thanks for the information

Much better
    07-12-09 09:43 PM
    Not sure if anyone has posted this, but with Opera Mini I had a hard time clicking on pages #'s, and exact spots of pages, so I was messing around and while in Landscape mode I held down the volume key with my left pointer finger and tapped the screen and it brought up a arrow. It takes a little getting used to but works. Someone else can mess around with it more and take the credit.
    Last edited by white water; 07-13-09 at 12:28 PM.
    07-12-09 10:10 PM
    Not sure if anyone has posted this, but with Opera Mini I had a hard time clicking on pages #'s, and exact spots of pages, so I was messing around and while in portrait mode I held down the volume key with my left pointer finger and tapped the screen and it brought up a arrow. It takes a little getting used to but works. Someone else can mess around with it more and take the credit.
    That's pretty cool. I've never heard that one before!
    My finger is sharp like a stick, but I'm sure people can use this tip.

07-13-09 02:59 AM
    It works in landscape also.
    07-13-09 03:21 AM
    Bolt has sever rendering just like OM does. However the Bolt servers can get a pretty heavy load. Sometimes it's so lightning quick you'd never notice the difference from OM. Othertimes it's a turtle.

Bolt however has much better navigation for the storm vs OM. Especially when you disable inline editing.

If Bolt ever has a gesture or convenient access for zoom (aka doubletap like the BB browser), it'll permanently replace the BB browser for me. As it is now, you have to go into Preferences and change the zoom setting.
    07-13-09 03:30 AM
    Very interesting
    07-13-09 03:36 AM
    It works in landscape also.
    I meant to put Landscape. I really hope someone takes the time to figure it out and start a new thread for it. It really helped me use Opera.
    07-13-09 12:29 PM
    Tried Bolt and found it slightly faster than bb browser and no where near as fast as Opera Mini.
    07-13-09 10:41 PM

Click from your phone: http://www.mini.opera.com/mini.jad?r...ion=hifi&rel=4
    07-14-09 02:06 PM
    Not sure if anyone has posted this, but with Opera Mini I had a hard time clicking on pages #'s, and exact spots of pages, so I was messing around and while in Landscape mode I held down the volume key with my left pointer finger and tapped the screen and it brought up a arrow. It takes a little getting used to but works. Someone else can mess around with it more and take the credit.
    hmmm...can get this one to work :-(
    07-17-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD