So Bolt browser just posted a tweet with a pic (which was a collage of the word "tab") and just "tomorrow..."

??

Man, that would be awesome!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 06:42 PM
    Toooooo awesome!!!!!
    03-22-10 07:08 PM
    Heres the link with the pic: Tomorrow..... on Twitpic
    03-22-10 07:11 PM
    Sweet!

03-22-10 07:21 PM
    Maybe they got an official sponsor...
    03-22-10 08:10 PM
    Lack of tabs is why I deleted Bolt and went with Opera. I'd go back.
    03-22-10 08:49 PM
    yeah, i actually prefer Bolt. I just like Opera for the tabs and how damn fast it is. I don't really care for Opera's UI.

Now, if Bolt would just fix the 20% loading lag.
    03-22-10 08:58 PM
    I prefer Bolt as well. That said, that 20% lag was killing me so I gave the new Opera a chance. I am pretty impressed with the speed so far.

03-22-10 09:02 PM
    I could have sworn Bolt already had tabs, its in the BB menu options..I still like Opera better.
    03-22-10 09:05 PM
    i hope they soon post a pic of a "lens" and then implement a decent zoom :P
    03-22-10 09:38 PM
    w00t. it's true! i cannot wait to try it out. i've always preferred bolt's shortcuts over opera's, so it'll be interesting to see if the new version can lure me back to bolt.
    03-23-10 07:41 AM
    well, i just downloaded it. I noticed alot of complaints in the comments about the Bolt 2.0 blog post. At first, whenever I opened a new Tab, Bolt would error. I deleted, rebooted, installed, rebooted and all is well! It is very fast, just as 1.7 was and the tabs are working!

Shortcuts:
    New Tab: qu
    close tab: qn

zoom in: i
    Zoom out: o

Is zoom new?? it works just fine! It does reload the whole page though, it's not a quite zoom. Atleast it loads fast.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 03-23-10 at 07:58 AM.
    03-23-10 07:54 AM
    Just install also and works great no issues after installing on a bold 2. Openning new tabs is easy. The loading time seems to be a bit faster than 1.7. web app seems to run fast, and you can choose from is wikipedia, weather, twitter-profile, twitter-search, dictionary, bing, bolt forum, calculator, and calendar.
    03-23-10 08:27 AM
    Is the 2.0 beta the download or will there be an official 2.0 version coming out today?
    03-23-10 09:19 AM
    They just tweeted that it is a beta release.
    03-23-10 10:31 AM
    So far I'm sad to say I'm not impressed. I have NOT had the opportunity to reboot since installing 2.0, so I'll still try that when I get a chance.

Pages seem to load very slowly. I was going to say slower than 1.7, but it's been awhile since I used 1.7. In the meantime I guess I got used to Opera and the improved performance of the native browser.

The tabs are definitely cool, and I like the interface better than Opera. I have already gotten a bunch of errors though. Again, maybe I just need to reboot.

Also, does Bolt need to reload the page for everything? It's annoying on zooming. But I've also noticed it having to reload on simple stuff like clicking on a text input field. I really feel like I'm doing a lot of waiting with this browser.

It makes me sad. I was really hoping this would be the one.
    03-23-10 12:32 PM
    it is beta folks. so they have time to fix the little things
    03-23-10 01:58 PM
    Its definitely improved over 1.7, it will run on my phone without locking it up every time. I couldn't run 1.7 for more than a few minutes before it would freeze up the whole phone and need a battery pull. The new Opera build freezes up and is unusable for me now. Time to try Bolt again for a while.
    03-23-10 02:34 PM
    2.0 is still garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-23-10 08:57 PM
    sorry for being a Dumb A but is the 2.0 the tabbed version? I sure ain't seeing any
    03-24-10 11:49 AM
    sorry for being a Dumb A but is the 2.0 the tabbed version? I sure ain't seeing any
    Yes it is. THe tab button is in the upper right corner. You can only see it when you are at the top of the page you are browsing. Or hit Q+U for a new tab. I think... lol

Check the help section in Bolt for the proper shortcuts.
    03-24-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD