BOLT browser is horrible. It's bad enough we have to deal with the POS browser that comes with bb. Now I can handle Opera Mini, but BOLT browser is a POS that doesn't seem like it will get any better anytime soon. BOLT releases 2.0, but it sucks!

Why make a browser if its pretty much useless?
    03-26-10 10:23 PM
    Best thread title I've seen all week. Well done. I haven't used bolt but I do like opera mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 10:32 PM
    Your awesome. I'm so glad someone agrees with me. I think OM is way better but the majority of bb owners on here will fight for bolt to the end. To each its own I guess.

03-26-10 11:34 PM
    I uninstalled bolt the second day of using it. Opera is 100x better.
    03-26-10 11:36 PM
    I get the best performance from Opera Mini. I still have the Bolt Browser for those times when I come across a site that Opera Mini has issues with. That's only been a few times, but luckily I was able to do what I needed to do using Bolt. It's good to have options, whether it's good or bad.

03-26-10 11:50 PM
    Any bolt bashers know how to post screen shots from opera? If you can tell me how I'll join the club.
    03-27-10 12:07 AM
    Ive never tryd usin Bolt, but i would love to find out.... how does sliced orange juice tastes!
    03-27-10 12:21 AM
    Thank goodness there are choices today. Opera Mini does not work for me but Bolt is just fine. To each their own.

03-27-10 06:56 AM
    I love bolt. You're entitled. Its damn good

03-27-10 08:07 AM
    Opera doesn't fully load all pages. An example is an Edline.net site that I access my kid's grades. However, on Bolt, it's like looking at my laptop screen. Another problem I have with OM is when scrolling on my 9700, it takes me all over the screen....and yes, I've got the latest OM version 5.0.18832
    03-27-10 08:37 AM
    I deleted Bolt after two days! I'm going to try Opera Mini.
    03-27-10 09:51 AM
    I deleted bolt after a few days too. Gggrrrrrrr....I hated it

03-27-10 12:13 PM
    To take screenshots from opera, set CaptureIt or Zonasnap to a convenience key.
    I prefer opera mini. I do miss some things that got ditched between 4.2 and 5.0 (like access to the full facebook site and the removal of a quick loading menu, and especially a million keyboard shortcuts with no menu icon), but I can't stand the font everything is in in the bolt browser. I'd use bolt if it weren't for that font. And the opera interface is super slick.

03-27-10 05:46 PM
    Opera doesn't fully load all pages. An example is an Edline.net site that I access my kid's grades. However, on Bolt, it's like looking at my laptop screen. Another problem I have with OM is when scrolling on my 9700, it takes me all over the screen....and yes, I've got the latest OM version 5.0.18832
    That is because of the page itself, not the browser. Bolt will do this on some pages as well.
    03-27-10 06:29 PM
    Bolt loads pages as if from a full html browser, opera loads pages that default to mobile viewing. And since bolt now includes tabs...yum.

03-27-10 06:53 PM
    Bolt = worst font ever

03-27-10 07:23 PM
    To take screenshots from opera, set CaptureIt or Zonasnap to a convenience key.
    ...except Opera disables all convenience keys, supersedes the BlackBerry button, and even kills the volume buttons
    03-27-10 07:25 PM
    Yeah, Bolt's tabs are really handy on a Storm. Let's make a tab button, but make it the size of the end of a stylus pen, in the very very far right corner, right above where any sites banner is.

Good call, Bolt.
    03-27-10 09:10 PM
    I suppose every browser will have its flaws depending on the device it's used. I prefer OM over bolt on mine. Bolt was terrible when I tried it. I was so unhappy with bolt I haven't even bothered to download 2.0.
    03-27-10 09:20 PM
    Bolt loads pages as if from a full html browser, opera loads pages that default to mobile viewing. And since bolt now includes tabs...yum.

Opera does both.
    03-27-10 09:43 PM
    ...except Opera disables all convenience keys, supersedes the BlackBerry button, and even kills the volume buttons
    I was able to take a screenshot from OM5 without any problem.

03-27-10 11:04 PM
    I have to agree.
    03-27-10 11:17 PM
    First time Blackberry owner, only had the phone for a week. Installed both Bolt and Opera Mini this week. Stuck with Bolt. OM seems laggy on my phone.
    03-27-10 11:17 PM
    Bolt = worst font ever

You are 100% right! I don't know how anyone can prefer Bolt over any browser. It hands down is the worst browser made for Blackberries. I downloaded the latest version when it was released thinking there was going to be some improvement but as usual with Bolt I was disappointed. Bolt sucks
    03-27-10 11:27 PM
    I can take screen shots with quicklaunch just fine with my left convenience key in om5
    03-27-10 11:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD