Is there a way to change the font size for the Bolt Browser? I currently visit Crackberry forums using Opera Mini or the BlackBerry browser. I tried it using the Bolt browser, but the font is too small. They have the zoom feature, but I'd rather not view the WAP forums with small font displayed on the top half of the screen, and the larger font displayed in zoom view on the bottom half of the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 09:54 AM
    No not right now. Its pretty new and there working out the bugs. Hope this answers your question.
    05-25-09 10:21 AM
    Ok, thanks. Guess I'll stick to Opera Mini for now.

05-25-09 03:28 PM
    Is there a way to change the font size for the Bolt Browser? I currently visit Crackberry forums using Opera Mini or the BlackBerry browser. I tried it using the Bolt browser, but the font is too small. They have the zoom feature, but I'd rather not view the WAP forums with small font displayed on the top half of the screen, and the larger font displayed in zoom view on the bottom half of the screen.

Just to clarify, you say you were viewing the site using the zoom feature, but what you are describing is split screen mode. I just tried m.crackberry.com in split screen mode and I don't like it either. Don't forget when you go menu - preferences, once you make a change you need to go menu- save to activate that change. I just tried it at magnification xxlarge and the font size is almost the same as using native browser for the wap site.

And once again the wap site is making me copy and paste to post this. Ugghh.

05-25-09 04:49 PM
    I'm giving Bolt another shot. I'm viewing the crackberry WAP forums now using bolt. I'm not a big fan of the split screen view. I increased the font to it's largest size. Much easier to view the forums now. Wish the font was Arial. As mentioned before, it does render fast.

05-25-09 05:54 PM
    After less than a few minutes, I'm back to Opera Mini.

05-25-09 05:58 PM
    Maybe I misundertood your last post. WHY are you using split screen mode? Its horrible. If you are, do this:

Menu - preferences - full screen - menu - save

05-25-09 07:00 PM
    The font is tiny - in preferences, I have my magnification set to 3X, the largest and I can see it. Who on earth can see that small font?
    05-27-09 12:59 AM
    I have the font set to Large and it looks great to me. Then again, I have 20/15 vision. I love Bolt.
    05-27-09 11:15 AM
    I just tried Bolt and was surprised to discover that you are stuck with one font (and it's a nasty font at that). I can't even read anything on my Bold unless it's in BBAlphaSans. So as it is currently, Bolt is unusable for me. Jeez, how hard can it be to offer an option of fonts?
    06-12-09 12:42 AM
    I had tried the bolt browser when I first got my tour in july. . . . And deleted it after only a few short hours. . . Until recently with the new release of opera 5 (while as pretty as it is ) I find myself less productive and began looking for alternatives. . . .

Needless to say downloaded Bolt 2 days ago. . . And now it's the first choice every morning. . . .

I really should have given you a better try the first time bolt. . . .

But better late than never right. . .
    09-28-09 08:14 AM
    The font is small. . . But still legible. . . . And it's by far the easiest mobile browser to share links for. . . . (It's very difficult to copy and repost links in any other browser. . . . Opera or Blackberry default. . . . )

All that being said. . . I still have 4 browsers on my 9630. . . . Opera 5, Opera 4.2, Bolt, and Default. . .
    09-28-09 08:18 AM
    I use the Magnification on Large in Bolt browser and looks great for me, I browser the forums each morning with Bolt (actually typing on Bolt now) you can set it to X-Large if you'd like...I prefer Bolt ove Opera Mini...
    09-28-09 08:20 AM
    I hate the font on Bolt. The size is not as big of a deal to me but the default font is horrible.
    09-28-09 09:44 AM
    I believe someone said "Nasty". , . . Couldn't better describe it. . . . . But when it comes to function it's great!

09-29-09 04:19 PM
    is there any way we can change font type in bolt?
    03-23-10 01:37 AM
    Has anyone came up with a solution for viewing the mobile version of CrackBerry Forums on Bolt? I have it set at 3XX and the font is still extremely tiny.
    07-08-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD