When BOLT first came out I downloaded it right away thinking it would be the next best thing. I played around with it and I wasn't happy with it at all. After 2.0 came out I was thrilled thinking it would be much better, I'm still disappointed in it. I can't wait for RIM to update their browser, I'm pretty happy with the default browser but I feel its still lacking a little bit. Just thought I would share this and see what you guys think about BOLT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 01:19 AM
    Me too i really don t like it the font size and the menu is just really bad i prefer the BB browser also. Can t wait for the release of the new BB browser
    03-29-10 03:09 AM
    When BOLT first came out I downloaded it right away thinking it would be the next best thing. I played around with it and I wasn't happy with it at all. After 2.0 came out I was thrilled thinking it would be much better, I'm still disappointed in it. I can't wait for RIM to update their browser, I'm pretty happy with the default browser but I feel its still lacking a little bit. Just thought I would share this and see what you guys think about BOLT.

Agreed! To me, the Bolt 2.0 browser was nothing to write home about. Patience seems to be key when wanting the latest and greatest.

03-29-10 05:30 AM
    I would deal with font and some of the other issues if Bolt 2.0 worked reliably, but it doesn't.

Browse through any thread on BOLT, and you'll see several people mention clicking a link, seeing the progress bar load to 20% (or less) and just stop. If I go online with a laptop, clicking a link either loads the page or gives me an error message. Bolt, by contrast, doesn't even seem to acknowledge that I clicked on the link half the time. Really frustrating.

Opera Mini 5.0 is far from perfect, but I pretty much use it for anything I would've used Bolt for (and it looks better).
    03-29-10 09:22 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one! Lol. I've also tried Opera and wasn't too impressed, although I think it is better than Bolt.

03-29-10 01:55 PM
    put the font on XL or XXL and i didnt like it at first but them i tried someting if you use it for websites that load really slow on the BB browser BOLT will fly. i tried opening some pages like best buy, espn, and a couple non mobile version and i was satisfied. but if you use facebook it will open the full version and BB browser will use the mobile version.

so bottom line for mobile compatible websites use BB browser for full non compatible websites use BOLt try it and lemme know what you think
    03-29-10 05:46 PM
    put the font on XL or XXL and i didnt like it at first but them i tried someting if you use it for websites that load really slow on the BB browser BOLT will fly. i tried opening some pages like best buy, espn, and a couple non mobile version and i was satisfied. but if you use facebook it will open the full version and BB browser will use the mobile version.

so bottom line for mobile compatible websites use BB browser for full non compatible websites use BOLt try it and lemme know what you think
    I've noticed the same thing as you. I hated version 1.7 of Bolt, since it was slow as a snail, but the 2.0 beta is a lot faster.

I use it when I want to view the full version of sites. If the mobile version is all I need, the BB browser is fine.
    03-29-10 08:28 PM
    I've noticed the same thing as you. I hated version 1.7 of Bolt, since it was slow as a snail, but the 2.0 beta is a lot faster.

I use it when I want to view the full version of sites. If the mobile version is all I need, the BB browser is fine.
    But it still doesn't load sites probably 1 out of every 4 times I try to load something. Use it long enough and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    03-30-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD