Can someone give me some feedback on the BOLT BROWSER, is it worth the download? I have a friend thats running it, he says it worth it. He tells me that its way better than the regular browser that comes with the 8900.
    06-07-09 04:47 PM
    I'm using it right now and it's fast compared to the blackberry internet explorer. I just installed BOLT onto my wife's 8900 and compared to Opera Mini she says BOLT is way faster.

Just install it, try it and if you don't like it just remove it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 04:54 PM
    In the time it took you to write this, you could've just downloaded and tried it yourself. It's a free download.

You already have your friend's recommendation.

If you don't like it, just delete. Problem solved.

P.S. I like it, very quick most of the time.
    06-07-09 05:27 PM
    I have both. BOLT is a good one. For my purposes, reading international newspapers with foreign characters, Opera Mini is performing better. I did not oberve any significant difference in speeds between BOLT and Opera Mini.
    06-07-09 05:34 PM
    i have it on my sprint pearl, i find it really easy to use and read, and its faster than both the BB browser and opera mini
    06-07-09 06:18 PM
    I tried it. Don't like it. Fonts too small, doesn't render all pages correctly, doesn't have column view, scrolling sucks, etc.
    06-07-09 06:56 PM
    I tried it. Don't like it. Fonts too small, doesn't render all pages correctly, doesn't have column view, scrolling sucks, etc.

I totally agree. I uninstalled it.
    06-07-09 08:12 PM
    Pages load up pretty close if not almost exact to pages loading up on computer using bolt for me. Also you can make the fonts bigger. Im not here to start a debate you are entitled to your own opinion, but what browser do you like?
    06-07-09 08:26 PM
    Downloaded it and uninstalled it in like 15 minutes.

Only thing I liked about it was that it was SMOKING FAST.

Other than the speed, I was wholly unimpressed.
    06-08-09 12:44 AM
    I tried it and uninstalled it, I didn't think it was faster than my bb browser. I've tried opera mini and went back to bb browser, I noticed I was re-booting a couple x's a day with 3rd party browsers.

06-08-09 12:57 AM
    I run all three browsers on my 8330, depending on what my needs are. After resetting the image size on Bolt, it is very handy for a number of different functions.

Opera Mini has it's uses. There are some sites I need it for to enter data, as I recently found while activating a PayPal account. Had to figure out at least one workaround for one data field in each 3rd party browser, but was successful each time.

06-08-09 01:07 AM
    I'm holding out for Skyfire, I had it on my Blackjack II and that browser was easily the best. I tried Bolt, and I wasn't really impressed, but since i won't be doing much browsing on this, I'll just wait for SF to come outta Alpha.
    06-08-09 02:20 AM
    Well for me even the extra large fonts are small but it does render pages that the regular browser can't so I do use it from time to time. The 8900's has a lot of memory so why not keep both.
    06-08-09 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD