I've said for a long time now, if you could take Bolt's UI, Opera's font and look, with BB Browser's speed, you'd have the perfect browser for Blackberry...that said, I guess this version is okay, I don't notice too much difference, the pages seem to load faster, but eh...I'm too used to Bolt taking too long to load...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 09:47 PM
    I haven't been a fan of Bolt by any means, on my 8330.
    1.6 was tolerable.
    1.7 on my 8330 is GREAT!

I finally get speed that beats Opera Mini Beta 5 v2.

So, if you have an 8330 I'd say at least try it.

02-15-10 10:04 PM
    This is the only app on my 9550 that has ever completely frozen my bb. No response at all. Frozen for over 5 minutes. Had to do battery pull. Bolt deleted.

02-16-10 01:24 AM
    plz.....someone post .alx/.cod files for bolt 1.7.........
    thnx in advance .............
    02-16-10 03:08 AM
    I guess I'm in the minority. I think this version renders pages faster than ever.
    02-16-10 07:31 AM
    I'm not seeing a huge difference, but maybe a little. I guess there are differences based on phones and carriers, ect, but Bolt has always out performed BB browser for me. Agreed with the widgets comments, seems pointless for BB users.
    02-16-10 08:30 AM
    The new version doesn't hang at 20% like it used to on my device. It loads faster than before, but still not as fast as Opera Mini. I loaded sites I visit often using both browsers. Opera Mini loaded faster than Bolt for every site I visited. There were some sites that Opera Mini would load in about 8 seconds, while Bolt would take about 20 seconds to load. Opera Mini is still my preferred choice for now.

02-16-10 09:06 AM
    The new version doesn't hang at 20% like it used to on my device. It loads faster than before, but still not as fast as Opera Mini. I loaded sites I visit often using both browsers. Opera Mini loaded faster than Bolt for every site I visited. There were some sites that Opera Mini would load in about 8 seconds, while Bolt would take about 20 seconds to load. Opera Mini is still my preferred choice for now.

I understand what BB Browser is good for (simple sites, general navigation, and especially mobile sites), and I've found some uses for Bolt Browser 1.7 (non-mobile sites, loading more complicated sites like a fantasy sports league page), but maybe somebody who likes Opera Mini 4 or 5 (beta) can explain to me what the advantage of that is?

I've tried Opera and it just seems weird to me. The (default) font is huge, and it seems to just pull bits and pieces of web pages and try and reorganize them into hyperlinks, with mixed results.
    02-16-10 11:13 AM
    Well, it is not pretty but it DOES work with Google Wave. I am really impressed.
    02-16-10 01:48 PM
    plz.....someone post .alx/.cod files for bolt 1.7.........
    thnx in advance .............
    I don't think Bitstream makes them available. Only OTA is available.
    02-16-10 09:11 PM
    On my Storm 2 I prefer Bolt and the BB browser. Opera Mini looked nice but didnt liked the way it worked.

If Bolt had Opera's tabs, surepress click and double tap zoom like the BB browser than I would only use that.
    02-16-10 09:34 PM
    I guess it is a great concept with a rather unimpressive UI. But, it does work.
    02-16-10 09:48 PM
    Love the update. DOesn't hang at 20%. Emebedded video is much better, ESPN works which was not the case for me prior to the update. Impressed.
    02-16-10 10:27 PM
    Horrible fonts and a mobile view that requires hz scrolling. Those are the probs with Bolt.

02-17-10 06:36 PM
    Still hangs up at 20% for me, more so than 1.6 did. I'm going to try and do a refresh install, maybe that worked.

It really seems like this browser is going backward. When it first came out of beta it traded blows with Opera Mini 4 on my old 8320 in terms of load speed. Since then every update seems to get slower and slower. Sent Bitsteam a report suggesting they look into this. At this rate the browser will be totally worthless..
    02-18-10 09:07 AM
    I have a Bold 9000 on OS 5.0.0.464 and this is slower and has a scrolling issue (rendering will get wonky once in a while, when I scroll a page). I prefer 1.63 over this. I even uninstalled and re-installed. Same results.

I don't know if this is the 20% hang I read about so much, but it's like it literally counts to 20 (in percentage) as the page attempts to load and then it finally renders. Right now, it is slower than the stock browser. It's a shame, Bolt renders pages quite accurately, I'd like to be able to use it more.

02-18-10 12:18 PM
    Worthless POS. I can't load more than a few pages before it reboots my 9700. It does it every time.
    02-18-10 12:44 PM
    The one thing I hate about this update is it doesn't keep me logged in. Other than that this update is ok. I would roll back to 1.63, but I hate having to re do my favorites.

02-18-10 04:10 PM
    Worthless POS. I can't load more than a few pages before it reboots my 9700. It does it every time.
    And here I was thinking I was the only one with the reboot problem
    02-18-10 05:46 PM
    eh man
    this version does not encode korean
    all I see is blank spaces..
    the speed has not improved as this issue might be because of their relay servers.
    what a disappointment
    02-19-10 11:28 AM
    I am using Opera Mini 5 beta 2 and it works fine on my 8530...
    02-19-10 11:43 AM
    So is there anything so great about this update that I should try again. Or should I not even waste my time?
    Don't waste your time. While I keep BOLT on my 8900, and have installed and un-installed Opera a half-dozen times, we have to face the realization that web browsing on a BlackBerry is a tedious experience, and the native browser is really the best we have.

But it still sucks....
    02-19-10 11:55 AM
    appworld still hasnt been updated to reflect this new upgrade.
    02-19-10 02:53 PM
    I prefer mini opera , bolt is not so user friendly

02-19-10 04:18 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD