just got the new 8900 for tmobile and was wondering is there a better browser than bolt browser??
    06-01-09 12:05 AM
    Some like opera mini, I like using bolt. Skyfire will be coming out which is supposed to be fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:16 AM
    Some like opera mini, I like using bolt. Skyfire will be coming out which is supposed to be fantastic.

Yah, and when is this skyfire coming out?? sounds like a myth, ive been waiting for skyfire for over 4 months.
    06-01-09 12:22 AM
    Out of BB's stock browser, Bolt, and Opera, I think that Bolt is the best. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can't make t launch as the default browser for apps, as you would be able to if you were on a computer.

I can't wait for Skyfire either, tho. Check out their online demo. It looks rad!

06-01-09 12:38 AM
    k thanx...blackberry is way better then the treo i had...and since this 8900 doesnt have 3G i want a fast browser so far so good...why cant they just put all the features into one phone...(wisful thinkin) thanx
    06-01-09 12:42 AM
    Bolt is very good with the sites that are not mobile friendly. It renders those pages very quickly.
    06-01-09 12:44 AM
    I use bolt for sites that havent got a wap page... but for CB and other wap sites i just use the normal berry browser.
    06-01-09 01:12 AM
    I tried both Bolt and Opera Mini and hated them both. Their handling of text input is annoying. I'm just using the "stock" browser (under OS 4.6.1.239) until Skyfire is launched. What I'm really waiting for is Flash compatibility (which neither Bolt nor Opera Mini offer). Hell; I'd even pay for that (Flash compatibility) at this point...
    06-01-09 02:25 AM
    You guys are telling me that Bolt renders web pages faster than Opera Mini? I haven't conducted any scientific tests-but that sure seems backwards to me. I tried to give Bolt a shot after hearing about it, but the UI, Font size and speed were horrible. I've been using Opera Mini for years and think it's great. Only complaints that I have are no flash support and the slow cursor movent via trackball on BB.
    06-01-09 06:05 AM
    When I got my 8900 I immediately downloaded Bolt and Opera mini and tried using all of 'em (including the stock BB Browser) for 1 day. I deleted Opera Mini right away (awfull lay-out of webpages IMO), however the stock BB Browser and Bolt are great to work with!

I recommend you to give all three a try and figure out for yourself which one you like the best.
    06-01-09 09:12 AM
    Opera Mini is great ... After getting used to it! I love the speed of the browser.

06-01-09 09:27 AM
    in order

(without wifi)
    Opera mini
    bolt
    OE browser

(with wifi)
    Bolt
    Opera Mini
    OE browser
    06-01-09 09:28 AM
    I have Bolt and use it occasionally, but given most of the pages I view are text heavy, and the stock BB browser scrolls far more smoothly than Bolt or Opera, I would actually tend to say the stock browser is the best of all of them. Speed and ease of navigation is important.
    06-01-09 10:36 AM
    we"re talking microseconds here.. I feel bolt is the easiest to use and UI in my opinion is the best. However, I dont browse much so I deleted it and resort to BB browser whenever I need to browse.
    06-01-09 11:28 AM
    I use the stock browser, except for online banking I use Bolt. Neither of my bank's websites support the stock or Opera mini browsers. I would too buy a browser that supports "flash".

06-01-09 12:03 PM
    I like the BB browser and Bolt for certain pages. My personal taste is that I don't like or use Opera mini
    06-01-09 12:13 PM
    I have both Opera Mini and Bolt. Opera performs significantly better for my purposes. I cannot tell which one (OM or Bolt) faster. Both are free to downloads. Try both. Select the one you like. It is like using Mercedes or BMW. Of course, you always have the choice of a GM car, BB Browser.
    06-01-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD