Is anyone using the Bolt 1.7 browser on the 8900 yet? Looking for pluses and minuses.
    02-15-10 10:52 AM
    I want to at least give you a suggestion... if you have an older version and want to be able to downgrade without loosing the old version, then use the backup 3rd party apps link in my signature below... then download the new version and give it a try... if it's not good, then delete the new version and use the link to restore the old version from the backup files.
    02-15-10 02:06 PM
    I tried Bolt -- wanted to like it, but was, in the end, disappointed. Too slow -- way too slow on startup especially. I find Opera Mini beta much more promising, and now use that and the native BB browser, depending on the sites I'm visiting. Gave up on Bolt and deleted it a few weeks ago...may revisit it later on if there's a major new release (2.0?)
    02-15-10 02:09 PM
    I have to agree with vinmontRD... I had the same experience. I got rid of Bolt, tried Opera Mini 4 and thought it was great till I found Opera Mini 5.2 beta.... The world is a better place now.
    02-15-10 03:30 PM
    Ive never been a fan of Opera, just installed bolt 10 min ago.. already deleted the big O. Bolt seems like its pretty good... I can stop using my girls G1 to look up pages.
    I have not used any other bolt browser. so cant comp to the old bolt.
    its not as fast as the BB browser, but I feel its loading 100% of the page, and not like the BB browser loading 25% of the page hehe
    I may actually use the phone to brows the web now.
    02-15-10 07:12 PM
    This version of Bolt is really fast, way faster than Opera and previous versions of Bolt itself.

But no tabbed browsing, I really want Bolt to get that in there.
    02-15-10 07:32 PM
    So, I downloaded the 1.7 last night, I had tried opera long ago on my 8330 and hated it. So far bolts much faster.
    My question: I'm pretty sure that I don't delete the RIM browser totally. Right?
    But after much research I cannot find where or how to turn off the default browser from running in the background still! I have the patch that bolt recommends in addition so that I can run the plain text.... I just don't want to bog my system down with unnecessary apps running in the background. I cannot get the RIM browser to close. PLEASE HELP!
    02-20-10 10:47 AM
    does anyone have the jar/jad files for the new bolt update??? phone off for a lil bit, but can surf thru wifi, but cant download any apps thru wifi at all... unless someone knows how to fix that
    02-20-10 10:59 PM
    Is it best to set mobile or desktop layout?

Robin
    02-21-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD