I can stream Youtube videos within the Bolt Browser with my Blackberry Bold. I don't know if this was possible with the previous Bolt browser version, but after asked to update my Bolt Browser to 1.50 and going to Youtube to check whether or not any changes had been made with streaming, upon clicking on a video, and pressing play i got the following:

1. A new pop-up (yes, pop-up) window came up with a small video player within the browser, and below asking me if I can see the video playing inside the player.

2. I pressed play, and for the first time i see video been playing within the Bolt browser. So i click "Yes" i can see that video. I get a reload in the pop-up that my video settings has been completed.

3. I close the pop-up window and I'm back in Youtube, and as i click on a video, and press play, my Bold screen centers on the video. And i see video WITHIN the browser.

Still some problems i encountered and i need some feedback if this is happening to others also like:

a) Stop and continue of streaming when streaming video every 10-15 seconds. Stop occurs for less than a second.

b) Sometimes the video would not load and had to reload the page.

The video quality of the videos even when set at "High" in the Preferences of Bolt browser, are similar to VuClip.com and i think it still is 3GP format and not Flash (I wish).
    Last edited by andyhavoc; 10-07-09 at 08:29 PM.
    10-07-09 08:03 AM
    a) is probably because your viewing at a faster rate than it is buffering. Hit pause assuming that is an option and let it buffer ahead a bit.

b) That happens with a pc sometimes on youtube lol.
    10-07-09 05:52 PM
    Everthing you need to know about the BOLT 1.5 is in the menu under help. Very thorough too.
    10-07-09 05:54 PM
    I can stream Youtube videos within the Bolt Browser with my Blackberry Bold. I don't know if this was possible with the previous Bolt browser version...
    I was able to view videos in the previous update. I couldn't actually go to the Youtube site and watch videos that way, but if a site I visited had an embedded Youtube clip, a video player showed up on the screen with controls to Play, Pause or Stop. Only problem is there seemed to be a set medium volume for all videos because I could never change it. Hitting the volume keys never did anything, and the little volume icon on the bottom of the video player wasn't clickable. Plus, if a video was longer than a few minutes, the video would just stop playing altogether and hitting "Play" again would take me back to the beginning of the clip.

Hopefully these issues have been resolved. I've already updated to the new version of Bolt, but haven't tried out any videos yet.
    10-07-09 05:59 PM
    Ok so I'm assuming since they just released the 1.50 Version it will take some time for the Browser to adjust with their servers, right?

Hopefully we can sooner or later (sooner always preferred) have no problems streaming videos from websites like Youtube within the browser, without any stop or non working videos.

Cheers.
    10-07-09 08:32 PM
    i like this version of Bolt. i really didnt like the older versions so i used the opera mini 4.2. i cant install opera mini 5 and this new bolt is much much faster than 4.2 so, yea, this would be my preferred browser from hereon
    10-07-09 11:52 PM
    Only problem is there seemed to be a set medium volume for all videos because I could never change it. Hitting the volume keys never did anything, and the little volume icon on the bottom of the video player wasn't clickable.
    Was running into the same issues - per bolt forum:

You can increase the video volume by pressing shortcut alt + 1 key on your Blackberry device keypad when BOLT is playing video. Same you can decrease the volume by pressing shortcut key 0.
    Not sure y they don't just give a quick list of all the shortcuts instead of a limited list. Another is doubleclicking the blackberry button to go to previous page.
    10-09-09 03:39 PM
    I think this is the new face of browsers flash shouldn't be far behind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 09:38 AM
    I have the same issue, that It will flicker every 15 seconds or so.

10-10-09 10:48 AM
    got one question: when we use bolt browser, are we going to be charged for the connection?
    10-30-09 03:59 AM
    got one question: when we use bolt browser, are we going to be charged for the connection?
    Well it depends really, if you are using the BIS service, maybe you wont get charged, since the Browser will use probably the data you pay each month, but i'm not sure.

I use Bolt with WiFi on so it is free as long as i have a hotspot internet around.

If you dont have BIS, and you dont have WiFi around i assume its gonna use your normal phone carrier and charge you pet kbytes. But i again never tried it so i dont know for sure.

Let us know if you find out.
    10-30-09 11:31 PM
    The problem viewing not just youtube vids its any vids will go away when we ge flash!

10-30-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD