Well some of you may know the new version came out today. What do you guys think about it? Also does anybody have a list of the new features or bugs that were fixed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:08 AM
    Bolt stinks. I dunno what the big deal is about it. The regular browser works fine for me. It is nice to have a second brower for multi-tasking, thats about it. But I find Bolt cumbersome to use for some reason.
    06-29-09 11:42 AM
    Bolt stinks. I dunno what the big deal is about it. The regular browser works fine for me. It is nice to have a second brower for multi-tasking, thats about it. But I find Bolt cumbersome to use for some reason.
    I agree. I've tried it more than once and really do find the built-in browsers better.
    06-29-09 11:45 AM
    I think Bolt works fine when I want to multi-task or just view the internet like a desktop.

06-29-09 11:45 AM
    Bolt stinks.
    Agree completely. Way overhyped and overrated.
    06-29-09 11:46 AM
    I have the 8900, and the IE needs to be upgraded so that i cna do banking . Someone else I Know cant access banking info with the IE that the 8900 has.
    06-29-09 11:53 AM
    Wow, I thought I'd get flamed, thanks you secksy men! LOL.

06-29-09 11:58 AM
    I have the 8900, and the IE needs to be upgraded so that i cna do banking . Someone else I Know cant access banking info with the IE that the 8900 has.
    Ok, I do admit it does offer better emulation for a few sites...but, whatever.
    06-29-09 11:58 AM
    Bolt is a good browser when you're viewing pages that are not mobile. 100x quicker than the built-in browser.

06-29-09 01:59 PM
    The main problem here is IE = Internet Explorer, a Microsoft product. The 8900 does not have IE on it. You've been running a non-existent browser!

In all seriousness, a lot of websites don't work on mobile browsers because they contain applets and whatnot that smartphones cannot currently handle. This is why it is important for banks to make a mobile site, like USAA which I use and works just fine.

Bolt is helping to bridge this issue though, as they support more web standards than the default BB browser does.
    06-29-09 02:19 PM
    I tried Bolt on the very first BETA... was not impressed and have not gone back to try it yet... I actually thought it had completed it's beta testing and was in full release already... I guess I might wait until it's done with all the beta tests before I even look at it again... hopefully it will be a LOT better that the first BETA version!!!
    06-29-09 02:22 PM
    I actually prefer Bolt depending on what website I'm looking at. I switch between Bolt, Opera, and the BB browser. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

06-29-09 02:29 PM
    Don't care for the Bolt Browser. If I need to see a full site I'd go use a computer Honestly, I never find myself NEEDING to see a site THAT badly.
    06-29-09 03:55 PM
    haha i love it just for the fact that i can use CB 's full site on it and not the WAP forums..
    06-29-09 04:36 PM
    i tried it and i rather just use the bb browser, its easier and seems more user friendly
    06-29-09 06:03 PM
    I just downloaded the new version today, and now I'm unable to get on the internet when I'm on edge. I didn't have this problem with the previous version 0.94.This is happening on both my wife's phone 8900 and mine 8320. Anyone know how to fix this?
    06-29-09 09:04 PM
    I just downloaded the new version today, and now I'm unable to get on the internet when I'm on edge. I didn't have this problem with the previous version 0.94.This is happening on both my wife's phone 8900 and mine 8320. Anyone know how to fix this?
    same here

10 char
    06-30-09 12:45 AM
    wow people are hard on free apps. I have used bolt since getting my BB and think its pretty cool. Havent used it much since the update but calm down people...
    06-30-09 12:55 AM
    Did you reboot? I'm not sure what could be wrong

06-30-09 12:58 AM
    I had the same problem.. Just go to preferences and uncheck Wifi.

06-30-09 01:00 AM
    Is there an ota for the new bolt available?

06-30-09 02:46 AM
    Is there an ota for the new bolt available?

You might want to check out the Blog: Bolt browser beta3 released
    06-30-09 10:14 AM
    I had the same problem.. Just go to preferences and uncheck Wifi.

Same problem for me too, it's sort of annoying having to change the preference when using EDGE instead of WiFi. Hopefully this gets addressed in the next version and gets released soon.
    06-30-09 11:04 AM
    I like the new Bolt beta browser. Works great on my phone.
    06-30-09 11:48 AM
    Just downloaded the new version. Still stinks. Cumbersome UI, mouse movement is horrendously wierd, still wants to proxy "send data" thru that silly address on every click. I'm fine with the BB browser thanks.
    06-30-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD