Hey there,

Question #1: Is is possible to get back the old SMS style as in 4.6 without installing 4.6? (Is there an option or something? I have.411)

I do have a problem in the new SMS app: Sometimes when I receive an SMS and I write a reply it would not send after pressing enter or chosing send from the menu. I need to leave the SMS thread (which then creates a new thread with the same contact name) and re-send the SMS. This leaves me with several threads for the same person.

I already cleared the SMS DB because I thought is a storage problem or something but so far it didnt help. Any ideas?

Cheers
    01-08-10 11:57 AM
    I think you can't go back the old SMS style.

For your problem, do you use the official 5.0.0.411 or a leaked version ?
    01-08-10 03:22 PM
    Its the official one from Bell Telecom...
    01-09-10 12:17 AM
    The "official" version is identical to the leaked version.

Have you tried a battery pull? Did you wipe before upgrading?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 04:23 AM
    No, actually during the update I checked the backup option which then restored all the data after the update. I expected that this could lead to problems which is why I cleared the SMS Database after I realized the mentioned issues. However sometimes when I receive a SMS its filed under a wrong name within a wrong thread (in addition to the already meantioned problems).... Is there any other DB I should clear or shall I try a wipe?

I tried a battery pull though...
    01-09-10 04:32 AM
    is this the well known SMS bug that people in the 9700 forums are talking about? i think it was fixed by deleting the sms_compose COD from the OS and using BBSAK to install an earlier 5.0 one that worked.
    01-09-10 05:34 AM
    how can one go about this.....
    01-09-10 09:53 AM
    Beta and Official, are literally the same, if you have Beta keep it.
    01-09-10 02:17 PM
    I haven't heard anything about a bug, but then again I have no reason to browse the 9700 forums.

If you have the time, I would suggest a wipe + install, then do the restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 05:48 AM
    I "solved" it by turning off encryption.....
    01-10-10 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD