Viigo (updates every hour) I even force updates!
    Slacker Radio (running)
    MSN Messenger (running)
    BBM (running)
    Browser (open and running)
    Called someone and text at the same time.

I can't make it re-boot. I am stressing this Bold I think?

I have 21.5 MB Of free application memory

858.MB of free space

The weird part is that it will re-boot for no reason when I do something simple. It does not happen often. Even before I installed Viigo or had anything turned on. Even If I have 30MB of free application memory. I am running .167. I wonder if it's just an unstable OS. How is the newer OS holding up?

P.S. Slacker Radio sounds AWESOME!
    04-19-09 01:47 PM
    Anyone try to stress the Bold?
    04-19-09 06:24 PM
    04-19-09 06:26 PM
    Anyone try to stress the Bold?
    yea .167 is pretty old news....247 and .266 are light years better when it comes to memory management and stability.....they dont randomly reboot
    they hold a 3G signal and dont drop calls when transitioning from 3G to 2G

you call that stressing your Bold? open more apps..... what you're doing is normal weekday operation for me
    04-19-09 06:45 PM
    Think I'll give this a try right now. Currently have wifi open, installed 266 yesterday and have 35.32mb of app memory available. Here we go...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 07:19 PM
    Most of the people here are running a lot more apps then that on a regular basis...I know a few with 25 plus apps lol
    04-19-09 07:29 PM
    Most of the people here are running a lot more apps then that on a regular basis...I know a few with 25 plus apps lol
    What! How much application memory do they have left?
    04-19-09 07:33 PM
    Not much maybe 15ish at most,But they constantly do battery pulls so they dont have to worry about the memory too much..I personally enjoy my memory free and not to mention theres not 20 apps that i even like...

And forgot to mention they are not running 167..They have 247/266 where u start off with 61mb after a pull..
    04-19-09 07:35 PM
    Think I'll give this a try right now. Currently have wifi open, installed 266 yesterday and have 35.32mb of app memory available. Here we go...

This is kind of crazy. I started with 35.32 mb of memory and started opening apps. I just checked and I have 31.52mb available with the following open:
    Hourly Chime
    SignalLoc
    A Word document
    Bold clock
    Beyond 411
    Bold calendar
    Bold camera
    Bold contacts
    Slacker
    TellMe
    MaraTick
    Google Maps
    BBFileScout
    Brickbreaker
    Memo Pad
    Mobipocket Reader
    Bold media player with a movie open
    GoogleSync
    Texas Hold 'em
    Options

That's 26 icons showing when I hit the app switcher. Oooh. Just got a popup asking if I want to update Slacker. There is definitely lag when switching apps but no freezing, plenty of available memory left. Does that make sense? Gonna keep at it. Anyone have any input? : ).

04-19-09 07:38 PM
    This is kind of crazy. I started with 35.32 mb of memory and started opening apps. I just checked and I have 31.52mb available with the following open:
    Hourly Chime
    SignalLoc
    A Word document
    Bold clock
    Beyond 411
    Bold calendar
    Bold camera
    Bold contacts
    Slacker
    TellMe
    MaraTick
    Google Maps
    BBFileScout
    Brickbreaker
    Memo Pad
    Mobipocket Reader
    Bold media player with a movie open
    GoogleSync
    Texas Hold 'em
    Options

That's 26 icons showing when I hit the app switcher. Oooh. Just got a popup asking if I want to update Slacker. There is definitely lag when switching apps but no freezing, plenty of available memory left. Does that make sense? Gonna keep at it. Anyone have any input? : ).

Damn! That's Awesome! Do you have Viigo? If so open that and auto update every 15min.
    04-19-09 07:45 PM
    Just opened the following in addition to the ones listed above. This brought my app memory down to 29.81:

Amazegps
    Fmylife
    Weathereye
    Aerize
    BBLight (active)
    Starry Night
    SheetToGo
    Password Keeper

Wow. Typing at the moment is definitely getting more and more sluggish. Let's see what else I can add...

04-19-09 07:48 PM
    I think the end is near. I'm now at 21.77 mb with 37 icons showing in the app switcher. The clock is starting to go a little crazy and the phone is reeeeally starting to lag big time. But I can still post and I'm still getting my Aerize email alerts. Gonna make a phone call and see what ekse I can do. Just added:

Coin Toss
    Tasks
    Voice Notes Recorder
    BB App World

04-19-09 07:56 PM
    stevefo, I do not have viigo, unfortunately! : ) Just opened:

Sudoku
    Profiles
    Berry Labyrinth

Also made a phone call which went through, BerryBuzz is working and still getting Aerize alerts. At this moment, my app memory free (using QuickLaunch, btw) is reading 19.99 with 40 icons showing in app switcher. Ilm completely surprised! One thing I noticed is that my battery is draining very quickly. I've lost about a quarter tank since I started opening apps. I think I'm done. Anyone else testing?

04-19-09 08:11 PM
    stevefo, I do not have viigo, unfortunately! : ) Just opened:

Sudoku
    Profiles
    Berry Labyrinth

Also made a phone call which went through, BerryBuzz is working and still getting Aerize alerts. At this moment, my app memory free (using QuickLaunch, btw) is reading 19.99 with 40 icons showing in app switcher. Ilm completely surprised! One thing I noticed is that my battery is draining very quickly. I've lost about a quarter tank since I started opening apps. I think I'm done. Anyone else testing?

Thanks for checking and testing!
    04-19-09 08:26 PM
    On the road right now. Just switched from wap to internet browser. Also sent and received an email between accounts and just received a voicemail. App memory is down to 17.42. Pulled off the back cove and the battery feels a little warm but not hot. Dying to pull it. I probably should soon.

04-19-09 08:34 PM
    Last one here - just made a call using bluetooth!

04-19-09 08:34 PM
    Leaky apps will always ruin the results over a period of time, though.
    04-19-09 08:45 PM
    Leaky apps will always ruin the results over a period of time, though.
    If leaky apps such as Viigo are a problem (and they are) why don't they fix it? Is it hard to fix?
    04-19-09 08:50 PM
    Either laziness, difficult bugs to resolve resulting in leaks, sloppy memory usage (cultural problems), could be many things.

The only way to know that an app leaks or has a problem is to see the source, but few BB apps are open source
    04-19-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD