I'd like to consider myself fairly Blackberry-abled, but the past four days my Bold's randomly reset itself anywhere from 1-4 times a day and I can't figure out why. I've checked the forums about this issue, which has been addressed, but I feel it strange that since I'm not doing anything new it would suddenly start acting up.

I haven't installed any new apps on my phone in at least a month. I make a habit of actually closing apps rather than running them in the background. I check Viigo constantly, but always close it when I'm done browsing. I did update to the new version this morning, but this issue has been happening since Sunday. The third-party apps that are always running are Facebook, Youmail, Yahoo Messenger, and Weatherbug. I have MemoryUp Pro, which constantly shows 31-39mb (~60-70%) of free memory, so that leads me to believe it's not a memory leak. QuickPull resets my phone every morning at 4am, but I don't usually do battery pulls since I have that and MemoryUp Pro installed. I've had my phone for 6 months and this week is the first time I've had issues.

The only thing I've done is upload new music and a couple music videos to my memory card, but again, that was done yesterday and my phone's been upset since Sunday.

I have an 8gig card with 1gig free, and I'm running v4.6.0.167 (Platform 4.0.0.217). I do have a custom theme installed that I made myself, but it's been the same since February.
    07-01-09 09:04 PM
    i'll be the first to suggest an OS upgrade to the stable OS's either .266 or .282
    07-01-09 09:14 PM
    There's been a lot of trouble with the .167 OS. As the poster above recommended I'd suggest upgrading to .266 or .282 as well.
    07-01-09 09:18 PM
    I use .266 and its stable. The only time that the phone resets is when I skip a few songs using "n" as opposed to pressing the "next" button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:00 PM
    I'll give the upgrade a shot tonight. Any ideas why an OS I've used since it was released would suddenly give me trouble?

si_chindo: I've always used the "n" to skip songs, never thought that could be the issue, but it's an interesting idea.
    07-01-09 10:15 PM
    yea i had some reboots on .167 too. once i went to .266 they went away.
    07-01-09 10:29 PM
    The update to .282 is working flawlessly so far, and now my free memory hasn't dipped below 80%. Hopefully the reset problem will end now.

Thanks guys!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD