In Outlook 2007, there is a feature for RSS aggregation. Which means RSS posts comes in as if they were email items. Under the RSS Feeds folder. I am trying to get BES to sync and push these new feed posts to my phone, but am unable to do so!

First option: I moved those RSS Feed folder (the ones the posts goes into), under the inbox. I then setup Folder Redirection. Keep in mind that I have multiple mailbox folders under Inbox and they redirect just fine. So after moving the RSS feed folder under Inbox, the feeds updates just fine, but nothing is pushed or redirected to my BB??? While all the other mailbox folders under Inbox redirects just fine!

Second option: I would really rather not to have to do this. I setup a rule to forward all incoming posts from the RSS folder to my email, which goes into Inbox. Then it will push to the phone.

I feel that this option is so much better than installing a program like Viigo. This way I can be updated in almost real time on the blogs/feeds that I am most interested in.

Does anybody have any idea for what I can do?
    09-03-08 05:17 PM
    I know it's not what you want, and I wish I had the Outlook/Exchange answer you want, but.... I was dismissive of Viigo initially but gave it a chance. And I'm glad I did! For some reason I now prefer to sit with my Bold and digest the day's news via Viigo than with my laptop and Google Reader.

I've got it set to refresh every 30mins and my favourite feeds have alerts set so my smartestphone chimes to let me know (invariably sports news but hey, it's important right!).
    09-03-08 06:45 PM
    Well I also have Viigo installed. But I hate the fact that nothing is synced, and that they don't deliver in real time (minimum is 30 every 30 minutes). The purpose of doing it the first way is so that I have everything synced. If I am reading on the road, when I get home, I know that I have already read it. It's all in one place. I don't see why BES does not sync those folders. I am guessing because they only handle emails and that this is an RSS item. Hopefully that will change when we upgrade for BES SP6 the end of this week.

But wouldn't it be nice, to have your important feeds "pushed' to your phone?

Anybody out there with a solution?
    09-03-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD