Well, the title pretty much says it all, but I would really like to know where are those extra 128 MB, since I'm running OS5 and only installed Twitter, Facebook and Whatsup... (Sorry if this sounds dumb, I bought my first BB yesterday)
    05-24-11 03:11 AM
    I think your OS is taking up that space. I have OS6 on my Bold 9700 running fine.
    alexmartins likes this.
    05-24-11 04:24 AM
    I'm running 6 too. shrank using BB Boss, have about 85Mb left and running smooth.
    alexmartins likes this.
    05-24-11 09:39 AM
    If that is all the apps you have You don't even haven to worry about shrinking it. If it becomes a problem later, then there will probably be new builds out and you can shrink those. I would jump on the OS6 wagon from the beginning. The newer builds (official 534 and leaked 576) are both running great on 9700.
    alexmartins likes this.
    05-24-11 11:03 AM
    If that is all the apps you have You don't even haven to worry about shrinking it. If it becomes a problem later, then there will probably be new builds out and you can shrink those. I would jump on the OS6 wagon from the beginning. The newer builds (official 534 and leaked 576) are both running great on 9700.
    Is it better to wipe the phone before the upgrade or just upgrade to the official 534 using Desktop Manager (I'm running a Mac)?
    05-24-11 12:46 PM
    Is it better to wipe the phone before the upgrade or just upgrade to the official 534 using Desktop Manager (I'm running a Mac)?
    Going from 5 to 6 do a wipe to get a 'fresh' install but do a complete backup first.
    alexmartins likes this.
    05-24-11 01:22 PM
    Definitely yes. Make sure you shrink unnecessary files, because overtime even huge free memory will go down and causes lag.
    alexmartins likes this.
    05-25-11 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD