This thread is for our current and future customers to ask questions or seek help for Blurts and Blurts Pro. You can check out the FAQ Page here. And we will update the FAQ as the thread grows with new info.

If you are having trouble getting Blurts to connect (icons stay red instead of turning blue), review the following questions and it might lead you to resolving the issue. Also you might try our help page.

Have you download and installed the desktop application from here. Also make sure that the Blurts desktop software version matches the BlackBerry Blurts version.

Are you using the Virtual COM Port setup, or the BlackBerry address setup?

If BlackBerry address setup, did one of these steps fail?

If Virtual COM Port setup, does your Bluetooth software look like this or this? And did any of those steps fail?

It is important to note that there are many Bluetooth services (such as Headset, Handsfree, Dial-Up Networking, Audio Source, etc) that can connect between your BlackBerry and PC, it is the "Blurts" service that must connect in order for our application to work.
    Last edited by MLH Software; 01-29-10 at 09:00 AM.
    12-23-09 07:58 PM
    I love this app! It is amazing! A little off topic....when is Simply Remind me releasing? I have been checking your website almost daily for the release.
    12-23-09 08:03 PM
    @lanemuscle22 - Glad to hear you like Blurts. Due to how well Blurts is doing right now, Simply Remind has been on hold so we can focus more on Blurts. We really were not sure how well Simply Remind would do, but glad to hear there is some interest in it.
    12-23-09 08:45 PM
    Great app. I've had it for a few months now and I really love the new capabilities in the update just released; however, there seems to be an issue with the email notification not working or being very delayed. The SMS notification is almost instant though.

Got any other features planned in the near future? Do you guys ever plan making a "flashier" UI for the computer side of Blurts?
    Last edited by gafly; 01-05-10 at 04:57 PM.
    01-05-10 04:55 PM
    @gafly - We have a long list of feature and not enough time to do them all, so you should see a lot more release of Blurts coming out. One of the feature coming soon is the ability for create or download themes for the UI. So you don't like the current UI you will be able to change it soon. Not sure what could be causing the slow email alerts.
    01-05-10 07:40 PM
    Hi

I've just installed the new version. When I go to Setup, Download Contacts...nothing happens? Is this normal?

Cheers

(Pro Subscriber)
    01-06-10 06:42 AM
    @GeordieStew - I assume you upgraded both the desktop and BlackBerry software to the latest version. When you click Download contacts, you should see an alert telling you the contacts have been download. Depending on how many contacts you have it might take awhile. Once they are download you can check then by pressing the Edit Contact button to see the contact list.

You also should make sure that you have set all the permission for Blurts to "Allow" on your BlackBerry.

Here are the step to access the Permissions for Blurts:
    - From the home screen select Options icon
    - Select Advanced Options
    - Select Applications
    - Choose Blurts
    - Select menu
    - Select Edit Permissions.
    - Set everything to Allow
    01-06-10 08:37 AM
    Both upgraded. I have set everything to "Allow". Still, nothing. I click the button and nothing happens.

I'll try reinstalling when I get chance.

ETA - The edit dialog comes up when I use the "Edit Contacts" button. But nothing happens when I click on "Download Contacts"
    01-06-10 08:47 AM
    Still no joy...any suggestions?
    01-07-10 05:13 AM
    @GeordieStew - I am at a loss. You have Pro, permissions are set to allow, you do have contact in your address I assume. Look in the Blurts event logs on your BlackBerry and see if there are any error messages.

To view the debug logs from the Blurts About screen:
    - Press menu button
    - Select About
    - Press menu button
    - Select Open Event Logs

To enable the debug logs from the Blurts About screen:
    - Select Blurts
    - Press Menu button
    - Select About
    - Press Menu button
    - Select Enable Debug Logging

Filter the Event log to show only Blurts events
    - With the Event Log open
    - Press menu button
    - Select Options
    - Move the focus to the off off Min log level
    - Press menu button
    - Select Hide all types
    - Scroll down the item list and highlight Blurts
    - Choose Toggle Filter in order to check Blurts
    - Press menu button
    - Select Save
    - Now you should see only Blurts events
    01-07-10 09:11 PM
    Would it be possible to add alerts for BlackBerry Messenger in the future? BBM is the only IM type that has no desktop or web client. That would be a killer feature!
    01-08-10 02:23 PM
    @ten08 - See "Blurts 1.0.1.x beta feedback" thread. We are discussing BBM support over there.
    01-08-10 03:59 PM
    No idea how, but it's sorted. Rebooted phone. Rebooted PC over weekend. Ah well.

Thanks for your help!
    01-12-10 01:24 AM
    @GeordieStew - Not sure what you mean by "it's sorted", do you mean it is working now or still not work?
    01-12-10 07:34 AM
    Hi Michael -- I decided to wander over from the feedback thread to here since I think I am hitting an an issue on the general release.

I just got my first call-waiting call while on the phone while Blurts was running and I was at my PC. It is GREAT that Blurts shows the incoming call. Unfortunately, instead of showing the details of the new call, it showed the details of the call I was already on. Example -- I was on the phone with Peter when Mary called in. Rather than showing that Mary was calling, the Blurts alert showed Peter was calling. It would be much more useful to show who was on the incoming call if that is possible.

Phone: 8330 w/4.5.0.175
    Blurts: 1.1.0.11

Rgds/Mark M.
    01-15-10 04:55 PM
    @mmeltser - Thanks for the report. I am aware of this issue and it is caused by an issue in the BlackBerry OS. RIM is reporting the wrong call info for the call that is waiting.
    01-15-10 06:15 PM
    The desktop software version 1.1 does not seem to be downloading correctly. There is no file extension so my computer can't open it.
    01-16-10 09:53 AM
    @Silver_Silver - the file extension is .MSI. I just checked the link again and it seems to be working fine. Maybe you need to update the windows installer version on your PC?
    01-16-10 03:30 PM
    any idea how I could use the blurt pro software to connect to my Ford Sync for BT SMS from my 8530?
    01-17-10 10:11 AM
    just got the program up and running.. think it's gonna work great for my needs.
    my question is if there's any hotkeys/shortcuts to make calls/send msgs instead of having right click on the icon in the tray...??
    01-19-10 01:16 PM
    I am having an issue where I am not receiving any alerts pop up on the computer outside of the "device connected" alert. However, I can send SMS from the desktop application and those work without an issue. I have uninstalled both sides several times and still have no luck. Any suggestions?
    01-19-10 04:08 PM
    @jfisch - Blurts will not work with Ford Sync, but it is an interesting idea.

@ksdetmer - No shortcut keys right now, but I will add it to the feature list and see what we can do.

@krgross - If not alerts are displaying, make sure you have them enabled in the setup screen for Blurts on your phone. If it just SMS alerts not working then check out our help page for other resolutions to try.
    01-19-10 05:38 PM
    @jfisch - Blurts will not work with Ford Sync, but it is an interesting idea.

@ksdetmer - No shortcut keys right now, but I will add it to the feature list and see what we can do.

@krgross - If not alerts are displaying, make sure you have them enabled in the setup screen for Blurts on your phone. If it just SMS alerts not working then check out our help page for other resolutions to try.
    01-19-10 05:39 PM
    any ideas on a setting i should change... program works fine when the bb is out of the case, but when it's in the case i can't place calls.. i am able to send and recieve txt msgs.... i would think its a phone setting but i can't figure it out... any ideas would help??

thanks
    01-20-10 11:02 AM
    Incoming calls aren't showing up through Blurts, but my phone is automatically answering them and directing the audio to my computer. As a university student, this is a problem if I'm in class. I suspect it's something to do with my bluetooth settings, but I can't find which setting it is. Any help?
    01-20-10 01:28 PM
175 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD