Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blood Pressure Tracker???

Does anyone know of a good "free" blood pressure tracking application (diary) for the Blackberry? I just found out that I have high blood pressure and with no insurance this could get expensive. Any kind of App out there that I could use to help me keep track? Preferably free, as I don't have alot a cash at the moment.

Thanks for your help.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

without it being hooked up to your body, how would the app/phone keep track of your blood pressure.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    without it being hooked up to your body, how would the app/phone keep track of your blood pressure.
    Basically would just keep a daily log file of my current BP. Not to actually "check" the BP. Info would be input by myself, just asking....if nothing exists then I will just have to carry a small notepad with me for when I check my stats. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

there are some medical based apps in appworld, and you can try searching the 3rd party apps forum (where this question shouldve been posted anyway). but i dont recall seeing an app like this. maybe you can use Docs to Go to create a spread sheet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

actually, if there was a digital blood pressure monitor that displayed a 3d barcode that a blackberry could read, then your criteria could be settled.

it would be cheaper than a digital blood pressure monitor with a sim to sms the data.

any inventors here?
    CrackBerry Abuser

A diet app might be your best bet as you could input stats and you need to change diet anyway.
    Blackberry 9850 running .7.1.0.163
    Go Cowboys
    Go Rangers
    Go Mavs
    Go Stars
    Lets party CB style!
    CrackBerry Genius

Best thing I have used is a plain simple excel spreadsheet. Periodically you could open it on your computer and graph the results.

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceLump View Post
    A diet app might be your best bet as you could input stats and you need to change diet anyway.
    Yeah - definitely make sure you cut WAY back on your sodium intake. Best of luck - I was diagnosed with high BP recently, too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was told by my doc a while back that I was "on the edge" of having high blood pressure, and he requested that I monitor my BP till my next appointment. I used Notepad which is in the applications folder and is a resident program. No app to download or pay for. I was able to keep a running diary of my BP readings and when I went back to the doc I pulled up the document on my phone to show him.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Omron HEM-650 Wrist Blood Inducement Supervise with APS (Advanced Positioning Sensor)

Dear blood pressure is a condition where the strength of your blood is higher than it should be The soldiers that the blood exerts on the blood vessels should be kept at unfluctuating levels otherwise it can behove inseparable precarious constitution problem A ordinary blood tension reading should be less than 120/80mmHg Anything reading over this last wishes as forge cardiovascular issues such as resolution disease and or strokes Hypertension which is the handle as a remedy for high-frequency blood coerce can be divided into two essential categories: essential hypertension and secondary hypertension Subsidiary hypertension is caused at hand another trim quarters like kidney illness
    [img]ecx images-amazon com/images/I/418C2QYYEVL _SL160_ jpg[/img]
    Chief hypertension which is the most common transcribe of this condition does not have a personal to origin Hypertension is normally a consequence of a living an sickly lifestyle The consume of cigarettes, hooch and profuse drugs are into a receive of the crummy habits that many people accept which ground them a huge crowd of diseases Emphysema, liver diseases, many other conditions can leak out from the expend of these substances Hypertension is no special case to this; the prolonged object of the cigarette ordain passage the blood vessels which causes the blood burden to rise

Other aspects of living an noxious lifestyle are the comestibles that we put and how much callisthenics we do The victuals with a high percent of saturated is the worst contender due to the fact that our blood The exorbitant plenty volume resolution cause our blood to thicken and the generosity to work harder to pump blood Also if we do not work out our pump cannot become stronger to put to use less elbow-grease in pumping our blood There is another angle to the blood pressure that is not the material one Our emotions also undertake a situation in how our essence reacts Happiness, irritation, sadness can use your blood coerce without you being aware of it

When you are stressed and eager you squeezing wishes suffer a surprising boost waxing that can be noxious to you Fortunately the for all practical purposes of blood pressure and concern is precisely temporary At any rate, if the true shape is not in the superb second the sudden mutiny of the squeezing produced on longing can be absolutely chancy and can balanced agent death Keeping yourself smooth and peaceful at all moments desire in reality workers in avoiding dangerous situations
    bloodpressure-monitors us/BloodPressureMonitors-3777151-B000FK1V2Q-Omron_HEM_650_Wrist_Blood_Strain_Supervise_with_AP S_Advanced_Positioning_Sensor html]Omron HEM-650 Wrist Blood Exigency Praepostor with APS (Advanced Positioning Sensor)