I've never played WoW (or even a MMORPG, for that matter, I miss my simple SNES), but my friend mentioned the Battle.net Authenticator wasn't installing for him on his Torch, so I took a look. If you just manually load the link they send you in Firefox using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 useragent (one of the most recent models in their supported list), it'll give you the .jad just fine.

Unfortunately, the .jad uses relative (instead of absolute) referencing for the .cod(s), so you'll need to use any old text editor to add the download paths to the .jad file, but once you do, you should be able to load it over the air just fine.

My friend confirmed it installed, launched, and works just fine for him on his Torch, although apparently the resolution doesn't adapt to the larger screen size and it isn't touch enabled. Still serves the purpose, though. Strange they haven't bothered keeping up with the times, especially since the core of the app works fine in 6.0 (and presumably 5.0, too, which they also never got around to "supporting" according to their compatibility list).
    Hello Justend,

thank you for your help. Could you give a more specific walkthrough on how to install the authenticator as you mentioned? I get so far as getting the OTA link, but if you click on it it returnes the not compatible message.

Thanks,

Matt
    09-13-10 11:11 AM
    Sorry to drag this post up, but has anyone managed to get this running for the 8520?

If yes, what version did you download?

Thank you.
    10-19-10 05:46 AM
    I am using a 9650 and would really like this to be answered sometime soon. It seems to have some kinda sorta answers....but a lot of unfinished ideas.

=\

HALP!
    12-23-10 06:17 PM
    This is utterly unacceptable. Supporting OS 4.2? I HAVE OS 5.0! Jesus Christ Blizzard, get with the times. Does Apple pay you to screw over RIM? It sure seems that way.

If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know, I am ready to pay compensation for a created solution that for sure works.
    01-04-11 12:18 PM
    This is weird, I had it working just fine on my Bold 9700 as of today. I HAD to upgrade to a 9800 (only thing they had in the store) and now I don't know if I'll be able to install the authenticator. Sure would suck if it doesn't work!
    01-17-11 04:09 PM
    01-26-11 08:32 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD