I haven't been on the Blackberry World website for quite a while. I have always found it to be a terrible website and every time I use it, it makes me think that Blackberry doesn't deserve to still be around. To me, it's indicative that Blackberry doesn't understand how important it is to have a robust ecosystem.

I have a long list of gripes about the website. Here are a few:

• It times out too quickly, giving no option to stay logged in.
    • It refuses to remember the username and password, so they have to entered every frickin' time it times out.
    • It often inexplicably does nothing when it should be synching application changes on my phone.
    • It often gets out of synch with the Blackberry App World app on the phone (i.e., it thinks some apps are not installed when they are installed or vice versa). I think this may be because some apps upgrade themselves and App World is too 'fing stupid to figure it out.
    • It often shows duplicated apps. Currently, it's showing several duplicated apps. I think this may be because it doesn't recognize an app after it has upgraded itself.
    • There is no way to delete an app from My World on the website.
    • The filtering and searching is very primitive.
    • Many apps are poorly categorized or put into too many categories or incorrect categories.
    • There is no mechanism to provide feedback to Blackberry. It should be possible to flag miscategorized apps so they can be corrected. It should be possible to provide suggestions to Blackberry to improve the website.
    • And so on...

I'm writing this post today because I went on the site with the delusional hope that with the supposed focus Blackberry has on surviving including improving the ecosystem, that maybe - just maybe - they would have fixed up this pathetic excuse for an application website. I guess I was wrong. It looks a bit different, but it still sucks just as much as it always did.

Blackberry, you apparently still don't seem to get it.
    01-30-13 09:19 PM
    Uhhh wow... frustrated much? It seems like the stress of dealing with BlackBerry World is getting to you. Maybe you should stay away from it for a while and in the mean time send BlackBerry (didn't say RIM) this message. They are, for the most part, good points and could really help with future development of the website. I've only used it a few times and once lately but, I never had a problem. It worked perfectly. But, I'm sure there are others frustrated with some aspect of it.
    01-30-13 09:46 PM
    Uhhh wow... frustrated much? It seems like the stress of dealing with BlackBerry World is getting to you. Maybe you should stay away from it for a while and in the mean time send BlackBerry (didn't say RIM) this message. They are, for the most part, good points and could really help with future development of the website. I've only used it a few times and once lately but, I never had a problem. It worked perfectly. But, I'm sure there are others frustrated with some aspect of it.
    Yah, I am frustrated. In case you didn't read my post, I did stay away from the website, but went back to see if anything changed. Other than a few cosmetic changes, the website is fundamentally the same as it has been.

FYI, I have attempted to provide feedback to Blackberry and frankly, I have yet to see any indication that they understand how effed up the website is, at least based on the lack of any mechanism to provide feedback or report issues. On the website, there is a mechanism for providing feedback. It opens an email to [email protected]. I sent an email yesterday. My email and the response are below. It's a joke. If Blackberry gave a sh*t about their website, they would not make it so difficult for someone to provide feedback.

Thank you for contacting BlackBerryTechnical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?
    If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.

Self-Help Options:
    BlackBerryTechnical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need.
    (BlackBerry Knowledge Base)

BlackBerry Support Community Forums.Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.

Flickr Picasa Facebook and Instant Messaging Applications. If you require assistance with one of our free social networking applications, please feel free to use our online web form to submit technical issues directly to BlackBerryTechnical Support at your convenience.
    (General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums)

Are you already a BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber?
    If you have a technical support services subscription, you may contact us through our online web form (https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard). If your BlackBerry smartphone has been provided to you by your company, please contact your IT help desk for assistance.

All other BlackBerry smartphone users are encouraged to use one of the following options:
    Contact your Wireless Service Provider. Your service provider fields general questions and provides technical support for BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact.

Subscribe to an annual based BlackBerry technical support program. BlackBerryTechnical Support Services offers 24x7 technical support and BlackBerryEnterprise Server software upgrades. If your technical support subscription has expired, or you would like to learn more about this option, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (BlackBerry Technical Support Services - US.)

Obtain Pay-Per Incident Support from Research In Motion (RIM). Receive fee-based support directly from RIM, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please copy and paste the following URL into your address bar:
    (BlackBerry Technical Support Services - US)

Hello,

I have some comments on BlackBerry App World.

Generally, it's a terrible website and I find it incredible that BlackBerry think's it's acceptable
    to have such a flakey and unfriendly ecosystem when it is struggling to retain users.

The website has many problems, such as the following:

It hangs frequently.

It does a poor job of staying in synchronization with the actual applications installed on the
    phone using the native blackberry app world app. For example, it shows duplicates of several
    applications on my phone.

If BlackBerry seriously intends to be taken seriously, there needs to be big improvements in the
    BlackBerry App World website, as well as an improved mechanism for providing feedback and receiving
    support on the website.

Regards,
    XXX XXX
    01-31-13 11:59 AM
    Well, I dunno man. If I had some more time and I used the BlackBerry World website enough that I was that ticked with it I would probably try and go higher than just the robot that administers the website. Don't get me wrong though bud it it is a seriously crap website compared to... well any website, but not many people use it. I think they focus more on BB World on devices. I would also be interested to find indication that it will eventually be replaced or phased out with a different design and that's why it has remained so crap with just the added improvement of removing the "app" in the name. Some of your suggestions could still help improve the on-device app world UI. It might prove invaluable for you to voice your concern to the right person.
    02-04-13 11:25 PM
    Why don't u cutnpaste this post into the bb support forums? I don't know what it could do but couldn't take long to do and might get a response or an easier way to convey your annoyance with a lacklustre product. just sayin.
    02-04-13 11:39 PM