Hello,

Due to some unfortunate events, I had to wipe my bold clean and begin fresh. In trying to setup the blackberry weather push service, I have repeatedly entered my location and it prompts me that "the service icon should appear on your main screen shortly", but nothing ever appears.

Any ideas on what I can do. I have searched but have countered little luck, and I do not want use other apps such as weather bug. Stubborn, yes, but I find the push service much better.

Help is appreciated.
    02-03-09 10:00 PM
    Give it time. My Weather push did not come thru until the following afternoon even after initial activation. Wait until tomorrow and if nothing try to activate it again.
    02-03-09 10:22 PM
    How do you get this weather push service? I am not familiar with it.
    Thanks as any information is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:40 AM
    I had the same problem but it was fixed after a battery pull. The icon showed up righ away.

Just go through the weather setup and all you have to choose is between accuweather or the weather network and input your postal code or ZIP depending where you live.
    02-04-09 02:27 AM
    Where do I find weather setup? Do I have to download a weather application or is this part of the Blackberry OS?
    Please explain...
    02-04-09 12:08 PM
    Any ideas on what I can do. I have searched but have countered little luck, and I do not want use other apps such as weather bug. Stubborn, yes, but I find the push service much better.

Help is appreciated.
    Have you actually tried the real push service app from WeatherBug for the Bold? If you were using WeatherBug Direct that could be the reason you were dis-satisified. In case this is the reason, type http://blackberrry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad into your phone browser to download the app.
    02-04-09 12:33 PM
    Where do I find weather setup? Do I have to download a weather application or is this part of the Blackberry OS?
    Please explain...
    weather setup should be under the setup folder. it comes default when you got your blackberry.
    02-05-09 03:20 AM
    is the weatherbug app free? for the bold?
    02-05-09 05:41 PM
    is the weatherbug app free? for the bold?
    If you use the link I posted above then yes it is. Type it into your BB Browser for direct download. Works great for me. Remember it won't work without BB Maps though.
    02-05-09 05:43 PM
    whats bb maps?
    02-05-09 06:26 PM
    whats bb maps?
    BlackBerry Maps. It doesn't come with the AT&T branded Bold. You can install it through the app loader on desktop manager. But it will only show if you're using a non AT&T theme.
    02-05-09 06:35 PM
    thanks. do u have to link to download it? sorry for the annoyance =(
    02-05-09 06:58 PM
    thanks. do u have to link to download it? sorry for the annoyance =(
    It's easier to load it on the app loader on desktop manager. Make sure you're NOT using the AT&T theme.
    02-05-09 07:00 PM
    hi..i use to have the bold 9000 and i had the blackberry push service for the weather.but now i have changed to bold 9700 and done a switch device therefore all the weather icons have come on my homescreen of my new bold as well.the problem is that in the old bold i had a weather setup icon so i could add and delete cities but in the new bold it doesnt have the weather setup icon.how do i delete or add the cities for which i want the weather push service.pls help
    12-02-09 10:41 PM
    weather setup should be under the setup folder. it comes default when you got your blackberry.
    I can't seem to find anything that calls itself "Weather Setup". Any ideas?
    12-03-09 09:21 AM
    Yeah. I'm on my 3rd bold and I've never seen anything about weather in my setup folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD