Hey guys

i am trying to find a way to keep less electronics in my purse. I have been looking at iPod voice recorders but none are compatible with the newer ones(i just got rid of my iphone but they arent compatible with that either.) The iPod ones plug into the bottom and turn your ipod into a voice recorder to record lectures and such. This is what i need a way to record my lectures, and be able to upload to my Mac, and put on my iPod to listen to.

Does anyone know if there is a worthwhile program out that can turn my BB into a voice recorder worthy enough for recording lectures in school?

Thanks in advance
    11-03-08 12:09 PM
    the blackberry has a voice notes recorder and if u got a memory card for ya bb then should not be a prob to record besides that i dont think there is a app that does that.. but some of the good users here might know
    11-03-08 01:17 PM
    Bump... Also wondering if using the standard BB app if there is a good mic that cud be plugged in to 3.5 jack to get better sound quality?
    And, how to turn the default files into mp3's?
    Thanks for the post and the replies!
    Y

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 02:33 PM
    Doesn't 4.5 have a voice recorder function? I thought I read that in the "4.5 Features" somewhere... So no need to buy an app just yet- unless you don't like the built in one.
    11-03-08 03:02 PM
    if u dont wanna talk into the phone i think if u use the headset would be better but i dont think there is a standalone mic u can just get for that its a phone not a computer u know....

amr is what the blackberry "voice note recorder" will save it as and u can convert that to mp3 pretty easy How to convert AMR format mobile recordings to MP3
    there is one site with good info google will proly give u others

and rgorman u would not need 4.5 for that cuz im on 4.3 with the 8130 and it has the "voice not recorder" so
    11-03-08 03:24 PM
    Thx! I'm thinkin that any standalone mic will work to plug into the 3.5jack... Will test and let u know....

Thx for the link to the converter as well..

Does anybody know if u can change the recording settings so u can record in 44.1hz? Not needed just curious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 06:32 PM
    not sure what the voice recorder does it as but once u convert it download goldwave or um i cant rem the other one both are free and just mess around with it there all i can think of that can be done
    11-03-08 06:43 PM
    isn't there an app that will simply record it in mp3 (or another format that is compressed) so that you don't have to go thru the hassles of conversion? (Obviously if you're trying to send a voicenote to your other on the go, you don't want to have to convert in on your pc at home before being able to send it, otherwise you may as well just tell them when you got home, no?)

Also, are you saying if you record it onto you micro sd card, it will give you more than 60 sec recording capapbility?
    Otherwise is there a way to compress wav to make it smaller?
    02-12-09 12:47 AM
    I use Voice Recorder (VR+) and it is really cool!

Besides a convenient Voice Recorder you get a Voice Messenger and a Voice Sharing tool for Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blogger.com in one app. Send voice emails and share your voice to social networks for playing back on any Mac, PC or mobile.

The trial version is free for 7 days so you can easily try it!
    The advantage is you'll get lifetime license, all upgrades, updates and support included.

1) Record a voice note, lecture or an interview. With your BlackBerry record anything on-the-go. E-mail your voice recordings for playing back on the PC or mobile. On-the-Fly conversion to Mp3.

2) Share your recordings with friends in Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blogger!

3) Enjoy listening to podcasts? Well, now you can make your own podcasts, listen to them and let others hear your reviews, advice or impressions. Make your recordings public and let others hear you!

4) Submit your voice recording directly to iDictate for transcribing. A voice memo can be transcribed into text and e-mailed to you within minutes.

Give it a try and share your impressions!

Download link
    02-12-09 02:19 AM
    Does anyone know if this will record both sides of a phone conversation?
    08-04-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD