I'm in the middle of creating a lighter app for the BlackBerry. If you look at this page, you'll get an idea of what it looks like for the Bold. Once I get it perfected on my Bold, I'll port it to the other phones. It's free right now. I won't charge for it for a while. I may just put ads on the page and offer it for free forever or charge like 50 cents or a dollar for it. It's not as fancy as the iPhone Lighters out there but maybe in the future I'll add some fancy stuff to it with the track ball or something. Let me know what you think. Still in Beta at the moment.

Clint

blackberrylighter.com
    05-21-09 01:47 PM
    Make it so that the trackball makes the flame go different directions =P.

Up/down scroll makes it stronger weaker (goes out if you scroll down too much, resulting in a smoke effect). Left/right makes it bend.

Trackball click makes the flame color change (blue, green, red, white).

Pressing "i" puts an iphone over the flame and starts melting it, mwuahaha.
    Last edited by papped; 05-21-09 at 01:51 PM.
    05-21-09 01:48 PM
    Its cool and all that you're making a lighter app...but I don't really see the point...especially if you are planning on charging at some point...a free app I could maybe see....a paid app...no way
    05-21-09 02:27 PM
    Its cool and all that you're making a lighter app...but I don't really see the point...especially if you are planning on charging at some point...a free app I could maybe see....a paid app...no way
    you'd be surprised what apps end up on your phone after a few beers....
    the lighter app would probably be a hit.

always fun to wake up to though.
    05-21-09 04:03 PM
    oh don't worry, BB apps are turning into iphone apps nowdays.
    05-21-09 06:09 PM
    oh don't worry, BB apps are turning into iphone apps nowdays.
    I gotta say, I'm a fan. I love my BB more than any phone I've ever owned, but I can't deny that I lust a bit for the iPhone App Store. I'll take a vast collection of free/cheap apps, regardless of how useless they may be. ****, I'll probably download this one as soon as its up. :P
    05-21-09 10:34 PM
    Dear God...why? Please, someone attempt to explain to me the point of this. Am I so out of touch that I am incapable of comprehending this one?
    05-21-09 11:05 PM
    it's simple, people enjoy making useless apps and making money off it.
    05-22-09 02:40 AM
    This amuses me. As an avid concert-goer, holding up cell phones instead of lighters has become the norm. It'd be pretty funny to have an app like that running during a concert lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:21 AM
    i would like it if it was free....
    05-22-09 09:34 AM
    I know it sounds useless but you'd be surprised. I saw at least 20 people at a concert holding up their iPhone with the iLighter on it. Im not trying to get rich guys, I'm just filling a small need. iLighter charges a dollar for their app. I was thinking 50 cents or possible just ads with hopes that someone would click on it. I'd like to have something for recognition and spending my free time on it. No one likes to work for free. Agreed? I'm just lucky enough to know how to write programs and blackberry apps. Trust me, the BB Store is turning into the iPhone store. They opened it cause they saw Apple was making a killing off it. I wont put it there cause it costs 200.00 to put an app up there. Stupid.
    05-22-09 03:25 PM
    Does it really cost 200 bucks to put an app on there? thats insane...especially since I would guess the majority of us probably just look at the free apps on there lol
    05-22-09 03:28 PM
    Yeah its $200
    Assuming it works fine I think even $1 is fine

05-22-09 03:33 PM
    Yeah its $200

Jeeze...whats the point in putting a free app on there then?
    05-22-09 03:34 PM
    Exposure. For most people that aren't an individual developer the $200 is nothing vs getting more people to use the app

05-22-09 03:50 PM
    Yeah plus they can make money on more complex apps. I'm just an average joe who was bored, knows Java, and wanted to learn something new.
    05-22-09 04:14 PM
    Works on my 9650. Looks like it runs for about 3 secs, then goes white screen for about 1/2 sec, then starts again.
    05-09-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD