has anyone else notice the Blackberry Twitter application totally killing your battery?

I haven't touched my Storm 2 since 10 this morning and I had one bar left I don't even have it running in the background OR have auto refresh so I'm not sure what's going on, but it's the only new thing I've installed. it's not even in my running applications either.
    03-03-10 01:43 PM
    Hmm. Kinda makes me glad that I haven't tried it. I am assuming a battery pull hasn't solved the problem. You may want to check your network/refresh settings again anyway. In the past I have had apps that revert to their stock settings upon device reset. Does it also do geotagging for your tweets? If so, then it could be querying your GPS frequently and sucking your battery dry.
    Last edited by adambigge; 03-03-10 at 02:01 PM.
    03-03-10 01:59 PM
    No, Blackberry Twitter is NOT totally killing your battery.

Peek at your device setting carefully and with common sense and you might find a solution. Was your battery surely loaded @ 10 this morning? Blue-tooth? WiFi? GPS? Tethering? Battery pull?
    03-03-10 02:15 PM
    I have actually noticed the same thing about the terrible battery life with Blackberry Twitter. After loading Blackberry Twitter my phone would hardley make it through the day. I even set the app to only auto-update every hour (that is as long as you can choose). When that did not work I shut off the auto refresh and now the battery will last over 2 days.
    03-03-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD