Has anyone noticed a significant battery drain since downloading the new BlackBerry Twitter app? My 9700 is down about 15-20% daily since I downloaded it, from where it usually is at this time of the day.
    02-15-10 07:56 PM
    Mine has been about 3% less drain an hour. Maybe you're leaving it open, or if you're still running a third party twitter client that's fetching from the background the drain might be magnified? This one shouldn't drain faster because if nothing updates in your feed then your phone doesn't try to "fetch" like other clients do. I also have a 9700, usually use tweetgenius but since I got this one I completely shut tweetgenius down so it's completely inactive, my battery life has had noticeable improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 08:09 PM
    As I mentioned in my review I've actually noticed less drain then with the 3rd party apps.
    02-15-10 08:12 PM
    no, not leaving any apps open and i completely deleted Uber. Thats weird. I let my 9700 charge all night, every night, and at 8pm with moderate data usage my battery has been being around 70%. right now its at 49%. i have not downloaded any new apps or themes either. Idk. Just asking if any of you guys were experiencing this too.
    02-15-10 08:19 PM
    It drained my battery too--at least twice as fast as without it. I deleted it. I set it to one hour intervals and closed the app. I don't see how it could work without being open in the background unless BIS is actually checking your Twitter account and sending you an email when it gets updated. That doesn't seem likely to me.
    02-15-10 08:29 PM
    Maybe delete/reinstall? That is weird. I've had the opposite effect almost completely, at the time of night when I'd usually be at 50% (pretty intensive data usage) now I'm usually around 70%

02-15-10 08:30 PM
    thats just crazy, maybe I will do that-thanks
    02-15-10 08:34 PM
    I don't see how it could work without being open in the background unless BIS is actually checking your Twitter account and sending you an email when it gets updated. That doesn't seem likely to me.
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening, but my battery is lasting longer (at 10 minute intervals) than it was with UT or TG (at 15 minute intervals) so it would make more sense to me.

There are probably other factors to consider. I was totally expecting facebook-calibre crap out of this but I've been pleasantly satisfied over the past few days.

02-15-10 08:49 PM
    I haven't noticed any battery impact whatsoever. For me it isn't any different than it was before - and drastically improved over running Uber.

02-15-10 08:55 PM
    If using meterberry u can see it I thought it was my new hybrid but it was bb twitter. Was around 15 perc an hour drain got rid of it for uber again I'm down to 2 perc

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-16-10 01:08 PM
    I deleted twitter from my blackberry torch yesterday. Since I downloaded it I noticed a big improvement to the battery. When you exit a app it should automatically close. I guess I wont be following Howard Stern on Twitter.
    02-16-11 06:15 PM
    Has anyone noticed a significant battery drain since downloading the new BlackBerry Twitter app? My 9700 is down about 15-20% daily since I downloaded it, from where it usually is at this time of the day.
    Hey, Pilsbury, I've had the same problem, my curve 3g's battery used to last around 24 hours. After twitter, I'd be lucky to use it for 15 hours. After deleting it, it's back to over 24 hours of use.

09-18-11 10:29 PM
    Turn off Twitter auto check for update in options. Seems to make considerable difference.

11-20-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD