I've only had the opportunity to use blackberry travel a couple of times, but each time I have used bb travel, it has incorrectly told me that my flight has been delayed (fortunately I haven't missed a flight because of it). It appears that the bb travel app confuses my flight with the reverse flight from my destination city to the city I just came from. For example if I flew from New York to LA and then right after I landed, the flight I was on did a reverse flight from LA to NY, my bb travel would tell me that my original flight (NY to LA) was delayed and tell me that my new departure time would be the time that the reverse flight (LA to NY) is suppose to take off. It should be noted that both flights (the original and the reverse) have the same flight number, but I feel that bb travel should recognize the location of the airport I am flying out of originally (NY) from the emailed itinerary sent to my phone. Instead it appears bb travel just determines my flight information from the flight number from my emailed itinerary and does not take into account the airport location.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, were you able to find a fix to this problem?
    01-15-12 12:07 AM
    I've been using Bb travel since it was released and before that, the precursor app,
    world mate. I never had a problem, and really depend on the app now. I'll be more careful in the future and double check the info.
    btw, I've never seen an airline keep the same flight number for the return flight.
    Are you sure it wasn't a continuation of the flight to the next destination. Like a flight from Beijing to San Francisco, and then continues to Los Angeles, all with the same flight number.
    Thanks for the heads up about the error
    01-15-12 01:09 AM
    I've never had this problem either, although I haven't flown anywhere since the last few updates or since upgrading to my 9930...
    01-15-12 02:10 AM
    Used it several times. No I have never encountered this. In fact it warned us of a gate change on the last trip and was a big help.
    01-15-12 02:25 AM
    We use BB travel often. The information is entered automatically. The flight information is often more accurate than the airport information screens. No problems to date.
    01-15-12 06:09 AM
    "It appears that the bb travel app confuses my flight with the reverse flight from my destination city to the city I just came from."

I noticed this on my last trip. Seems to have started with or since the last Travel app upgrade.
    01-15-12 07:06 AM
    Are you sure it wasn't a continuation of the flight to the next destination. Like a flight from Beijing to San Francisco, and then continues to Los Angeles, all with the same flight number.
    I am positive it wasn't a continuation flight. I went to united's site to check the status of my flight, since this is the second time this has happened to me, and saw that the reverse flight with the same flight number as my original flight had the departure time that bb travel told me my original flight had been delayed to.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I really like the blackberry travel app, so hopefully this issue will get resolved soon.
    01-15-12 08:19 AM
    My bb travel app just alerted me that my flight is on time now. I guess it gives you the right departure time eventually...
    01-15-12 09:08 AM
    Nevermind, bb travel did it again. It just told me my flight is delayed (when it is still on time) and gave me the reverse flights departure time as my delayed take off time. Good thing I check United's site to be safe since my flight leaves in a couple of hours.
    01-15-12 02:30 PM
    Something with the app or with the BlackBerry Travel system is messed up. In addition to the app sometimes showing a different leg of your flight than your departure-arrival leg, it doesn't update the gate until almost boarding time. And as you are seeing, it is intermittent.
    01-15-12 02:39 PM
    I use this app a lot and love it. Also I'm using in par FlightView app only because in BBTravel there is no option to save flight info for future days...for example for tomorrow or later dates, this useful feature included in FlightView. I really wish BBTravel also has this option. Other then this i have no complains.
    01-15-12 05:14 PM
    No issues here also.
    I'm using it almost a year now and had no problems.
    The only issue I had was with Air Asia in Jakarta. BB travel keeps sending me to terminal 2, while Air Asia always uses terminal 3.
    I'm thinking it is an issue with Air Asia and not with the BB Travel.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-15-12 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD