Just got back from a long trip and tried BB Travel for the first time. It has some great base features that were really helpful...
    --it groups all your trip info by trip, and then by date (this info is auto-collected and grouped when you forward an airline, hotel or car reservation email to them - simple)
    --it tracks the latest gate info for each flight. No more saving and finding emails from the airline - just check BBT after your flight lands and it has your next gate - just two easy clicks away.
    I liked how easy this was for domestic and int'l flights. After trying one trip, I loaded in my next 4 in about one minute. Now I'm set.

There's probably other advantages too, but I'll take these for now.
    Chrisy and Mr.Monty like this.
    04-03-12 10:07 PM
    Agreed. BlackBerry Travel is a useful app.

I haven't traveled with it yet but when I booked my flight, car and hotel it automatically imported that information into the BlackBerry Travel app. No need to manually input or forward itinerary emails!

Added all those event to my BlackBerry calendar as well which I loved.

Also shows me weather of my destination city within the app. Very thoughtful.

When RIM makes an app, they do it right. Great features, easy to use and good OS integration!

Looking forward to using it on an actual trip!
    glassofpinot likes this.
    04-03-12 10:12 PM
    I don't fly too often, but when I do this seems like a very useful app.
    04-03-12 10:20 PM
    Have used it for complex international travel. Works great auto updates as new bookings are made. Also the price is right.
    04-04-12 06:04 AM
    Agree BB Travel is great. However, Worldmate had some really useful features that it appears BB Travel does not. For instance, Worldmate kept in its database flight status requests that you had checked previously. This allowed you to save time when checking on a flight you frequently check on. With BB Travel, you must manually re-enter the airline & flight #.
    04-04-12 07:38 AM
    Good point. BB Travel is new and hopefully will had added features soon!
    04-04-12 07:40 AM
    BB Travel also is handy when a gate changes. Many times I get the notice before it is announced. I can get a head start to the new gate and get a good seat in the gate area!
    Chrisy and glassofpinot like this.
    04-04-12 08:51 AM
    Auto-grab also works well. You don't even have to forward itineraries for them to appear - it will auto-grab anything that comes to your regular BB email address.
    I wish that you could set an alternative e-address, since I have all my travel related emails sent to a separate mailbox - for collecting and to avoid spam in my regular inbox.
    04-09-12 11:23 PM
    Auto-grab also works well. You don't even have to forward itineraries for them to appear - it will auto-grab anything that comes to your regular BB email address.
    I wish that you could set an alternative e-address, since I have all my travel related emails sent to a separate mailbox - for collecting and to avoid spam in my regular inbox.
    You can. Just login into the webportal over at BlackBerry Travel and adjust or add an emailaddress.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    04-10-12 04:30 AM
    You can. Just login into the webportal over at BlackBerry Travel and adjust or add an emailaddress.
    Thanks wout000 - that takes care of me! I had never gone to the website - always accessed thru the app icon on my phone.
    04-11-12 03:46 AM
    I use BB travel a lot and I've grown to depend on it. RIM builds some nice apps. I wish they'd make more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 07:12 AM
    I'm curious, has anyone used TripIt? How does Blackberry Travel compare?
    04-11-12 03:29 PM
    Tried TripIt but i liked BlackBerry Travel more. My opinion though.
    04-11-12 03:31 PM
    I've used WorldMate before it was incorporated into BB Travel. I've also tried Kayak, TripIt, a bunch of others. My travels have cut down lately, so I don't have any of those installed right now.

One thing I noticed about BB Travel is its affect on my 9700's boot time. Before installing, I reboot in just over 1 minute. After installing, reboots take almost 5 minutes...even after uninstalling. Might just be me, but I've noticed it and tested to isolate the app.
    04-11-12 04:29 PM
    ...One thing I noticed about BB Travel is its affect on my 9700's boot time. Before installing, I reboot in just over 1 minute. After installing, reboots take almost 5 minutes...even after uninstalling. Might just be me, but I've noticed it and tested to isolate the app.
    I haven't noticed a longer boot time (but it could be), but I have lately noticed a bit of a slower response sometimes, even though my memory usage is very low. Have you seen this and could it also be related? I've had BB Travel installed for a while but only started using it 2 weeks ago.
    04-11-12 11:09 PM
    May I post my thread here? I hope this happens soon so we have a super app!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ration-706879/
    04-12-12 07:40 AM
    I haven't noticed a longer boot time (but it could be), but I have lately noticed a bit of a slower response sometimes, even though my memory usage is very low. Have you seen this and could it also be related? I've had BB Travel installed for a while but only started using it 2 weeks ago.
    Which response time do you mean? Does the device just get sluggish in general at times? I've tried to isolate plenty of things just to see where I can improve my device performance: the infamous 9700 "memory leak", battery usage, app caching, etc. It is entirely likely that Travel will cause some lag at times. When I was running it, the only regular update that I changed was the currency conversion - I set that to manual because I never used it. I believe weather updates at app launch, but the Travel app itself runs as a background process - presumably to catch incoming itineraries and new flight information (gate changes, etc).

I use FlightView as well, and I know it checks for updated flight info every 5 minutes or so. When I'm not traveling I just uninstall it so it doesn't clog things up with network activity.
    04-12-12 11:34 AM
    Boot times in 9700 are generally very slow, especially if you upgraded to OS6, which it really does not have enough memory. Get a 9900 and you will be happy with the boot times and on which BBTravel works very well, indeed.
    04-13-12 10:35 AM
    And that's why I build my own hybrids, with very fast boot times, plenty of free memory...and battery life that lasts at least two full days. My 9700 works just fine for me, so I don't see any need to spend $$$ on a new device.
    04-13-12 10:43 AM
    Which response time do you mean? Does the device just get sluggish in general at times?
    Sorry for the late response. Its a 9850 Torch, and it just seems to pause for a few seconds in the middle of executing something - which has never been a n issue before. Makes me think a little of my old Storm, although nowhere near that big an issue. I know from past issues that its probably not the Torch, but an app. So I will need to go thru a bunch of testing - which is a big PITA.
    Wish there was an app that snorkeled for problems like this and could tell you what was causing things to get clogged. Anyway, that's my rant.
    04-14-12 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD