RIM just release Blackberry Travel app that similar to Worldmate, unfortunately I cannot download by app world cause carrier, anyone succeed download it ?

Here the link BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Travel

hope someone can mirroring the app so I can download it.
    02-13-11 11:13 PM
    I downloaded it onto my torch running .450 Started the download and the next time I looked over the phone it was in a continuous reboot cycle and am currently re-installing the OS and then restoring from a backup.
    02-14-11 12:44 AM
    Oops... So the software not stable ?
    02-14-11 01:13 AM
    I keep getting an error and can't get it to load after install.
    02-14-11 03:41 AM
    No problems here..downloaded on my 9700 OS6 .448 through app world and installed fine.

Looks like a really good app. Will be using it on my next trip next month. Currency converter is good as u don't have to input the rate, automatically downloads the latests rate from the net. Nice feature.

The app runs smooth and looks beautiful! Good job rim!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 03:58 AM
    No problems here..downloaded on my 9700 OS6 .448 through app world and installed fine.

Sounds cool! I hope it will be possible to download it via OTA soon for all the non-US users
    02-14-11 04:50 AM
    Sounds cool! I hope it will be possible to download it via OTA soon for all the non-US users
    me too!

please if someone has an ota link...
    02-14-11 05:30 AM
    Working fine on my Verizon Bold 9650 running OS6. Downloaded from the web. BTW, love your avatar Electro_Sound. Can't beat Scott!!!!!
    02-14-11 06:33 AM
    Working fine on my Verizon Bold 9650 running OS6. Downloaded from the web. BTW, love your avatar Electro_Sound. Can't beat Scott!!!!!
    thanks!!! he is the BEST!

did you download it from app world? i cannot now because i'm in serbia and my carrier is swiss and app world doesn't work in roaming, strange but true.

d
    02-14-11 11:49 AM
    I just installed it on my Sprint Bold 9650. I believe it registred okay because I can log in and see my profile and the trip screen via my PC, but everytime I try to sign in with my Bold I get a network connection error. I ran the network wizard it suggested and that worked fine, but still cannot sign in.
    02-14-11 12:52 PM
    I installed it but it keeps failing to log in. Just stays on Please Wait for a while before popping up an error. Not that I travel much anyway, but it does look like a good app.
    02-14-11 01:03 PM
    I know this will push updates/notifications to you......

But does the app have to be running to do so?

I know this may be a stupid question, but I am curious.......
    02-14-11 01:08 PM
    I just installed it on my Sprint Bold 9650. I believe it registred okay because I can log in and see my profile and the trip screen via my PC, but everytime I try to sign in with my Bold I get a network connection error. I ran the network wizard it suggested and that worked fine, but still cannot sign in.
    I have the same problem as well on my Bold 9780 on Rogers. Might be an issue with the the app.
    02-14-11 01:10 PM
    thanks!!! he is the BEST!

did you download it from app world? i cannot now because i'm in serbia and my carrier is swiss and app world doesn't work in roaming, strange but true.

d
    I downloaded it from blackberry.com/travel but I believe it took me straight to App World for the download.
    02-14-11 01:13 PM
    Downloaded from AppWorld on Bell Mobility Torch and it doesn't work. Gives "Error starting com_worldmate_bbtravel_wmli: Symbol 'CodeModuleGroupManager.getPropertiesFromModuleGro up' not found."

I'm running .450 with BDHP6.0 hybrid.
    02-14-11 02:15 PM
    Downloaded from AppWorld on Bell Mobility Torch and it doesn't work. Gives "Error starting com_worldmate_bbtravel_wmli: Symbol 'CodeModuleGroupManager.getPropertiesFromModuleGro up' not found."

I'm running .450 with BDHP6.0 hybrid.
    I am having the same problem. I am coming to the conclusion it's BDHP6.0 causing the issue. I am running this hybrid as well.

My girlfriends Torch is running the same base OS that I have on my BB but without the hybrid and Blackberry Travel works just fine.
    02-14-11 02:45 PM
    I keep getting an error and can't get it to load after install.
    Do you have a hybrid installed?
    02-14-11 02:57 PM
    I'm running 6.0.0.450 on my Torch and having the same issue.

02-14-11 04:33 PM
    sooo... anybody have an ota/file-locker link? please?
    02-14-11 06:04 PM
    I'm running 6.0.0.450 on my Torch and having the same issue.

Hmmm, a couple reboots later and it works. Pretty smooth so far...
    02-14-11 06:29 PM
    someone please post an ota link
    02-14-11 08:29 PM
    The app works great for me. Torch running .448 on TELUS. I did not even know this app was in the works. I have used the regular Worldmate app before and it is a great app. I have a few trips coming up so the timing is perfect.
    02-14-11 09:04 PM
    finally got it to sign in. i think the server just needed time to work out their kinks after introducing the app.

as for the app, it seems very similar to Worldmate. Rightly so. Worldmate and RIM co-developed this app according to the Crackberry post earlier.

It would be interesting to see if someone knowledgeable will do a comparison of these two apps.
    02-15-11 12:15 AM
    Has anyone noticed a huge increase in boot-up time after installing this app? I reboot every morning and this morning my boot-up time went from about the normal one minute to 4-5 minutes. It even appeared to get stuck about 2/3 through. The only 2 changes I made yesterday were adding BB Travel and updating Poynt. I've never had issues with Poynt updates, so I'm thinking it might be the travel app. Anyone?
    02-15-11 06:27 AM
    I downloaded it this afternoon. Dare I say, it looks like a Super App?
    Much longer re-boot time, definitely.

On the other hand, when I rebooted I had 11 AppWorld upgrade pending notifications, which weren't there when I did the battery pull. It's rebooting on normal time now.
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 02-15-11 at 11:07 PM. Reason: updated
    02-15-11 07:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD