I'm suddenly having a lot of problems with BlackBerry Traffic in the US, it's frequently unable to reach the server, or if it is once and I go off-route, it's unable to find another route without either exiting and restarting the app or rebooting the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    bold09torch11 likes this.
    06-29-12 04:55 PM
    here too... wondering if RIM has the issues..
    06-29-12 11:55 PM
    I really rely on using this app and its been giving me trouble too. Using Verizon, 9930. Tried it at home in the DC area and also on the road in Detroit. Same issues, "unable to reach server" 9/10 times. Once in a while, it will come up with a route, but it will take a painfully long amount of time (3 to 5 minutes). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no change.
    06-30-12 02:11 PM
    Probs here too. In Harrisburg PA on ATT. Unable to reach server, or when it does reach it, it takes like 5 min searching, then says it cannot find the route.
    06-30-12 08:30 PM
    I started having problems with BB Traffic last Monday June 25th in Cincinnatti on vacation. When using wifi it seems to work fine but as soon as I get on the road I get, "unable to reach server." I love this app I hope RIM is aware of the problem.
    06-30-12 08:41 PM
    If it works on wifi does that mean its BIS? I seem to be having different problems every other week and I get disproportionately enraged by it. If the nonsense keeps up I'm quitting blackberry. This torch is my first ever blackberry and first ever smartphone and I LOVE it, but I seriously cannot deal with the s*** not working! I want to smash it to pieces. Thanks for listeneing.
    06-30-12 09:03 PM
    I understand your frustration. With all the negative news recently about RIM it really makes you think if this app failure is just a coincidence or just another indication of where things are headed.
    06-30-12 11:17 PM
    I stated this in another post. I have no problems with my 9900 on TMO. Y'all are getting blocked by your ridiculously expensive and controlling carriers. AT&T and Verizon are blocking your free GPS service. Sorry but choose another carrier.
    06-30-12 11:39 PM
    Really? Why? It worked well before so did they just decide to block it so we have to use their $10 a month gps? If so I would def change carriers but idk who is better. My friend has TMO and they throttled her 'unlimited' data to the point it was not even usable.
    07-01-12 10:24 AM
    I have no problems with BlackBerry traffic (Virgin mobile Canada in BC) hope everyone having problems gets back on track soon.
    07-01-12 10:43 AM
    Well I just got a text from ATT about my data useage, so I replied and asked them if they were blocking it and to please stop. Lol
    07-01-12 10:57 AM
    Life in Pocket gps is working. Guess I will put my places in there.
    07-01-12 11:05 AM
    Been having trouble all week on workdays. Now fine on ATT weekend. Go figure.
    07-01-12 04:45 PM
    I stated this in another post. I have no problems with my 9900 on TMO. Y'all are getting blocked by your ridiculously expensive and controlling carriers. AT&T and Verizon are blocking your free GPS service. Sorry but choose another carrier.
    I am in LA and mine hasn't been working for close to a week now. Does the same thing as others have described above... mine too will only work when on WiFi. If not it will simply say "unable to reach server".
    07-01-12 05:01 PM
    I've also been posting in another thread. Mine worked fine last Tuesday in Southern California, and last Wednesday in TX. Now in New England, and asking directions to my current location or very nearby works (meaning GPS is functioning), but nothing else. Tried deleting both Maps and Traffic and re-installing (via re-loading 7.0 device software), but no luck. Like others, it does work on WiFi, but not network (AT&T). Is it possible the extreme weather has impacted a BB server?
    07-02-12 10:27 AM
    My Blackberry traffic stopped working last Thursday 28-June around 6pm and hasn't been the same since. Does anyone know if it is a RIM server issue or Verizon blocking? I believe it is a RIM issue, 1 in 10 requests do go thru
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-02-12 02:16 PM
    The only time I could get mine to go through was when I put in 'home' it did say arriving at destination'lol. Does that give any clue? I hope it not being blocked like someone said. That will really make furious!
    07-02-12 03:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Tried it this morning in central Florida and again this afternoon in central Texas. No joy in either location. I'm on ATT so it may just be RIM. Disappointing cause I've been bragging on BB Traffic every chance I get.
    07-02-12 04:56 PM
    It's been broken for a while now. Have gone back to using Telmap.
    07-02-12 05:02 PM
    It's been broken for a while now. Have gone back to using Telmap.
    Isn't Telmap only for the UK? I have been waiting months for the Garmin blackberry app to upgrade to 7.0 (being told by there reps it was in the works)?? Only to call today and find out that there are NO plans to bring this app up to date! $100.00 lost.
    Last edited by aming63; 07-02-12 at 05:16 PM.
    07-02-12 05:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Tried it this morning in central Florida and again this afternoon in central Texas. No joy in either location. I'm on ATT so it may just be RIM. Disappointing cause I've been bragging on BB Traffic every chance I get.
    I do the same thing! I LOVE that app! So far it looks like Verizon and ATT are the the ones not working. Unless I missed something. Is there a decent free alternative in the meantime? I have life in pocket but too many steps. I need gps this saturday.
    07-02-12 10:16 PM
    I'm having the same issue since 6/28 in MA and since I'm with Sprint and they block nothing, your theory is out the window.
    07-03-12 07:15 AM
    issue since 6/30. works when i'm on wifi, which is completely useless. I'm in MD by the way. Hope this gets back up soon.
    07-03-12 03:06 PM
    I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone with RIM 877-255-2377 and was sent to technical support for another 30 minutes. I was told to delete the app and reinstall...It now works! Let see for how long!! I even turned off my wifi and it works!!
    07-04-12 03:58 PM
    I have never got it running acceptable. But this is Germany were I tried it
    07-04-12 04:13 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD