Hello everyone! I've been playing around with blackberry traffic and I got directions but I thought there was a way to find out what the traffic conditions are. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 10:54 AM
    Once you select a destination, traffic flow will be shown as a green bar for good traffic, yellow for slower than usual, and red for a bad jam. If there is any specific data (i.e., construction, collision, etc.) it will be shown as a yellow or red exclamation mark in the upper left corner.

To view predicted traffic speeds, go to the road list screen or click on the text after "Via:" on the route selection screen. Press the Menu button and select "Change Distance/Time/Speed" twice and you should see average speeds. Some speeds are default speeds due to a lack of data, others are speeds based on what other BlackBerry Traffic users are reporting.
    07-24-11 01:56 PM
    Aaaaaaaah I see! The line was green! Thank you very much!!

07-24-11 07:25 PM
    yeah i didnt like blackberry traffic so much when i dl it onto my phone but google maps is good shows the map and the areas where there is traffic in green n red lines
    07-24-11 10:04 PM
    Maybe I will give that one a try. Basically looking for free or cheap gps driving directions. I'm on vacation and want it to find my current location then tell me where to go. Being able to find the closest McDonalds would be good too.

07-24-11 11:53 PM
    I just came back from a day trip where I missed the exit and became totaly lost. Pulled out google maps, found exactly where I was and then uaed its "re-route from my location" and I got back on track. Google maps combined with the gps works really well.

07-25-11 05:06 AM
    My family prefers BlackBerry Traffic to Google Maps overall. The app has saved our bacon more than one time when traveling in unfamiliar territory and needing turn by turn directions. Also warnings of road construction allowed a new routing on one long trek. To say we are fans of the app would be an understatement.

At the same time we do use Google Maps for some purposes. May be better for traffic in the UI but not much different otherwise. Also seems to use a bit more data which is important on our limited data plans.
    07-25-11 07:24 AM
    Maybe I will give that one a try. Basically looking for free or cheap gps driving directions. I'm on vacation and want it to find my current location then tell me where to go. Being able to find the closest McDonalds would be good too.

Try Waze....traffic information isn't that accurate, but maps are good and the map moves with you as you drive (which Google Maps didn't the last time I looked).
    07-25-11 09:24 AM
    Thanks! I will try waze next. I tried Google maps briefly today but I need to spend more time as I was having trouble figuring it out. Now that I know about the different colored bars I really like blackberry traffic so far.

07-25-11 07:18 PM
    Blackberry Traffic is a great application. Simple yet accurate and it won't bog down your phone.
    07-25-11 08:00 PM
    I use both BBtraffic and googlemaps. In our area the bbtraffic traffic conditions updates faster than the google maps traffic. Also the ETA feature is shockingly accurate.

the google maps is good for maps. I often look at the google map, then fire up bbtraffic for directions/eta.
    07-25-11 09:03 PM
    Yeah we were exactly on the eta with blackberry traffic! I decided against trying WAZE because the reviews are TERRIBLE. Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions!

07-25-11 09:27 PM
    the ETA feature is shockingly accurate.
    Unless you speed, in which case you will consistently beat the ETA times by, say, a few minutes on a half hour drive.

07-26-11 07:48 AM
    I've recently moved and I cannot the default HOME destination/location or the default WORK destination/location!!!!! Is this a bug in the APP? Help please (and thank you)
    03-11-13 09:01 AM
    Can u tell me how to change the default HOME location and the default WORK location on BB Traffic? Can't find anything related to this anywhere...... please and thank you
    03-11-13 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD