My Torch yesterday evening just cut off from a call, switched itself off, come back on again with a white screen saying ''App Error 606 - Reset''. Everytime I reset it or take the battery out it reloads and the same message appears.

I have tried the following Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>App Loader>Loader but then when I do these steps (as advised from another forum) I get the messagesaying it has failed to locate any files but sometimes it goes to the next screen with my list of Application Names with a tick next to them all then I click finish and straight away without any loading bars or anything like that it says ''Successfully updated your software''. I then unplug the USB, reload the Torch and same error message comes up again!!!

I have also tried downloading the Blackberry Swiss Army Knife from from bbsak.org but I get a message from that saying ''Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /home/jmtventure/bbsak.org/download.php on line 6'' even though my computer has space.

I just dont know what to do now. Im looking for a step by step guide to fix this problem (bare in mind I am quite new to computers so please use as basic language/steps as possible in helping me please - no fancy words I'll just get totally lost).

Thanks.
    06-25-11 12:33 AM
    Bit of an update:

On the next screen ''Retrieving Device Configuration'' its got stuck on ''Read Application Configuration'' which is the first arrow out of the 3 steps. Just doesnt load. On the phone screen it has a pic of a phone and a computer but nothing happening.
    06-25-11 12:50 AM
    Try to use BBSak to get rid of the device OS. It may take several tries to get a connection to the PC going, but it will eventually show that the device is connecting. After wiping the OS from the device, you will be able to use App Loader. Make sure you have the requisite OS on your PC before running App Loader. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 10:36 PM
    so is it working now?
    06-26-11 11:56 PM
    I have the same problem with 'App Error 606'. I have done a hard reset, tried connecting it to blackberry desktop, booting it in safe mode an, can somebody please help?
    04-04-13 01:12 PM
    My blackberry torch doesn't work anymore i'm also getting a white screen that says App error 606 - reset, and i can't go to an other screen on connect it to my computer. When I turn it off and on again it just shows the same screen, and also when I click on reset. What can I do ?
    07-10-14 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD