Just Added:
    Citi
    Beam Berry
    PocketDay

FYI

When I first started this thread, I did not expect it to be as popular as it is and more so I did not expect to be putting in as much time into it in order to comply with various users requested in changes to the layout and/or new apps. I invested quite a bit of time into this thread in the past searching other threads, websites, and testing apps to give a proper description and place in the appropriate category. With the effort I have given in the past, I feel we have a great list going for newbies and veterans.

With that said, I have decided that I will not continuously monitor other threads and other sources for new applications to add to this thread.

I also will not test software before posting them in the future as that was quite time consuming for me as well. I will leave it up to individual users to test and inform me if something does not work, improperly categorized, or improperly described.

I Will continue to make the CrackBerry community better by updating this thread at a minimum of once a week, but I'll aim for more. Please continue to reply to this thread for new apps as I will base new additions on this thread and this thread alone. Before suggesting a new app please make sure that it is not already listed.

I appreciate everyone�s support of this thread and if you have questions regarding this please refer to posts 164-181 on pages 11-13 of this thread for a better understading of why I have come to this decision.

Thank you

That sounds fine. You might also want to create a separate page that also lists the apps (there are plenty of free hosts out there) on which you could put google ads (and raise a few pennies), plus put a donation link for those of us who are grateful for your efforts, and who might want to assist.

AND LETS not start a debate again, it would be a separate page, and donations would be 100% optional.
    12-09-08 02:58 PM
    I tried PocketDay and, to be honest, wasn't too impressed.

This is just my opinion/review so, FWIW...

It does not/cannot "replace" your home screen (it's listed as a "home screen replacement" on page 1, that's why I say this.).

It seems to have some issues with the formatting of the icon names (sometimes they're jammed up against the icons...sometimes not...sometimes OK in portrait but messed up in Landscape..sometimes the other way around).

Would be more convenient to be able to make a button/icon for a specific number instead of a specific person. Right now, I can make an icon for "Wife". When I click this, I then have to choose "Email Wife", "Text Wife", "Call Work", "Call Home", "Call Mobile".

I'm still looking for one-touch dialing...and this doesn't appear to have it.

The application has a lot of promise.

My suggestions would be...

a) If possible, make the application truly replace the home screen (pressing the Red "I'm outtta here" button on the screen takes you to the PocketDay view).

b) Give some options to how the icons function. For some contacts, I would like it the way it is; a "Group" icon. But, for others, I'd REALLY like a way to call my wife's cell phone without pressing several buttons (as far as I can tell, the current OS doesn't allow this natively either).

Just my thoughts...YMMV
    12-09-08 03:29 PM
    I tried PocketDay and, to be honest, wasn't too impressed.
    I agree. Plus it was set to expire in a few days
    12-09-08 03:37 PM
    Devil Hunter....

For those interested...

It does use the touchscreen to move the character around the screen...and clicking the screen fires the weapon.

However, it doesn't use the accelerometer (come on developers!!!! Truly untapped interface here!!!!)...and (even when Compatibility mode is disabled) it runs in the square "Compatibilty Mode" screen with the SureType keyboard always visible.

You can download the demo for free (lets you play for about a minute before asking for the registration code)...enough time to see what it's like.
    12-09-08 03:38 PM
    I wish audible.com would update their software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 03:45 PM
    Just found Handango InHand for the Storm:
    Handango InHand for BlackBerry Storm : Verizon BlackBerry Storm 9530 : Handango
    Basically, it's a app store, but it also has info pages like news from USA Today and weather from the Weather Channel for free.

Not sure if the direct download link will work, but here it is:
    FreeVerizon BlackBerry Storm 9530 Software : FreeVerizon BlackBerry Storm 9530 Games : Handango
    12-09-08 03:47 PM
    I wish audible.com would update their software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too. I'm going to cancel my subscription there pretty soon if they don't. It's too big a pain to convert thier books. (via audiograbber or some other such utility) I got the Storm so I can give my Ipod to my wife!
    12-09-08 04:38 PM
    is this weatherbug the old one or new one
    12-09-08 05:45 PM
    never mind
    12-09-08 05:51 PM
    ok here. if you want to see how the social website looks before you download
    12-09-08 05:52 PM
    Just Added:
    I appreciate everyone�s support of this thread and if you have questions regarding this please refer to posts 164-181 on pages 11-13 of this thread for a better understading of why I have come to this decision.

Thank you

So since you cant make money off this your going to basically stop (once a week update)? This is exactly the stuff five was talking about happening to the community. People expect money to help others and then the community falls apart.

its all clear now you were always in this to make some money, otherwise you wouldnt stop in your tracks and give an announcement saying you will no longer try to keep the list current, will only put in what people give you.

now i wish i didnt defend you.
    12-09-08 06:13 PM
    So since you cant make money off this your going to basically stop (once a week update)? This is exactly the stuff five was talking about happening to the community. People expect money to help others and then the community falls apart.

its all clear now you were always in this to make some money, otherwise you wouldnt stop in your tracks and give an announcement saying you will no longer try to keep the list current, will only put in what people give you.

now i wish i didnt defend you.
    No im not going to stop. I also said at a minimum once a week, and like i said, I will aim for more.

It was way too time consuming to do this on a daily basis with very little reward, so when a fellow user PIN'd me and suggested to add a link, I obliged.

Dont be greedy of my time. I gave the crackberry community a robust list thus far and will continue to expand on it in the future.

I apologize that we dont see eye to eye on this matter and I hope that you will continue to find the thread useful.

EDIT: I will also appreciate if we keep this thread on the scope of the subject as the moderators have already deleted two posts
    Last edited by aradlahiji; 12-09-08 at 06:58 PM.
    12-09-08 06:54 PM
    Do tell..
    What is the version you 2 have?
    And going back to the original link viigo sent me, there is a seperate dl for the storm, the upgrade was in response to bold memory issues though..
    v3.0.710 as downloaded OTA from viigo.com.
    12-09-08 07:19 PM
    thanks...

this will be useful
    the guy at VZW told me there was another update... but I have the same update from 12/5/08. mine likes to reboot itself and purge all my emails... which is irritating. Any ideas? its warm here.. in Southern Ga. I don't like it being below 65 though...
    12-09-08 07:24 PM
    I looked at the front page, haven't seen this posted yet.

VVM OTA.
    12-09-08 11:45 PM
    Thank you so much for this! Keep em comming!
    12-10-08 12:15 AM
    Thanks for keeping this updated, it is really a great addition to my blackberry.

Has anyone used Pocketday? I have never heard of it, but it might be something I like. What does it replace the home screen with?
    12-10-08 12:28 AM
    just want to know how you can watch streaming tv on the storm? I don't the capability of tv on my computer? how do I go about it?
    12-10-08 02:10 AM
    No im not going to stop. I also said at a minimum once a week, and like i said, I will aim for more.

It was way too time consuming to do this on a daily basis with very little reward, so when a fellow user PIN'd me and suggested to add a link, I obliged.

Dont be greedy of my time. I gave the crackberry community a robust list thus far and will continue to expand on it in the future.

I apologize that we dont see eye to eye on this matter and I hope that you will continue to find the thread useful.

EDIT: I will also appreciate if we keep this thread on the scope of the subject as the moderators have already deleted two posts

sorry if i misunderstood what you were saying. keep up the good work then.
    12-10-08 04:47 AM
    12/9/08 - CitiCards - Online banking for Citi Credit Cards
    My uPromise Citicard is not eligible (yet?). I followed the instructions on the linked page and there was no option for mobile access as described. I called CS and they said that the mobile service has been up for about a month, there are about 100 or so different types of Citicard products and only half or so have been made eligible for this service - they're working on the rest but I wasn't able to get an estimated completion date.
    12-10-08 07:36 AM
    My uPromise Citicard is not eligible (yet?). I followed the instructions on the linked page and there was no option for mobile access as described. I called CS and they said that the mobile service has been up for about a month, there are about 100 or so different types of Citicard products and only half or so have been made eligible for this service - they're working on the rest but I wasn't able to get an estimated completion date.

I tried also and had the same luck; my Exxon card and Sears MasterCard (both through CitiBank) didn't work. Ahh well...patience.
    12-10-08 07:53 AM
    I followed the directions from this Forum on how to disable the Compatibility Mode but I do not have it. All I get by going to Options>Adv Options>Applications (highlighted only)>Menu/BlackBerry Button is (SHOW KEYBOARD, SWITCH APPLICATION, and CLOSE.) No Disable Compatibility Mode selection. What gives?
    12-10-08 12:16 PM
    Add BBlight under free apps. BBlight turns on the backlight of phone when sms or email is received. I'm using it and it works great with the storm for those features of the program.

OTA link: http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bblight
    12-10-08 12:56 PM
    did it take this long for apps for the iphone to come out?

I want some of the cool things that you see commercials for on the iphone.

esp some games.
    12-10-08 02:57 PM
    I followed the directions from this Forum on how to disable the Compatibility Mode but I do not have it. All I get by going to Options>Adv Options>Applications (highlighted only)>Menu/BlackBerry Button is (SHOW KEYBOARD, SWITCH APPLICATION, and CLOSE.) No Disable Compatibility Mode selection. What gives?
    mettec,

This option is per application. You need to CLICK Applications then, in the next menu, find the application you want to change the mode for, hightlight (but don't click THAT), then hit the BB Menu button and "Disable Compatability Mode".
    12-10-08 03:27 PM
1,489 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD