lol I have been reading online and here how to move info from one Blackberry
    (via Protect) to another and was wondering if there was any videos showing this ( i am not that tech savvy and the more walkthroughs the better for me). i am a visual learner so seeing it in video would help, if anyone knows if there are any video tutorials on this or could make one that would be helpful thanks

-just trying to make sure i don't screw up the new phone when i get it lol
    08-18-11 05:32 PM
    Why not just use the switch devices option in Desktop Software? As long as you make sure Third Party Applications is deselected -- it apparently creates an App World problem with your apps when moving to an OS 7 device -- it is very simple. You connect your old device to the PC, click on "Switch devices" under the Device menu, make sure only Device Data (and not Third Party Apps) is selected, wait for it to finish, connect your new device, and then let it finish with that. And you're done.
    lball0105 likes this.
    08-18-11 06:01 PM
    Why not just use the switch devices option in Desktop Software? As long as you make sure Third Party Applications is deselected -- it apparently creates an App World problem with your apps when moving to an OS 7 device -- it is very simple. You connect your old device to the PC, click on "Switch devices" under the Device menu, make sure only Device Data (and not Third Party Apps) is selected, wait for it to finish, connect your new device, and then let it finish with that. And you're done.
    I'll see how that goes...I'm on a Mac and from what I've seen the desktop stuff is a tad bit different

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 06:50 PM
    Even if I sell my 9800 phone should I still be able to do the back ups from the desktop or from Blackberry Protect? *clueless* lol
    08-20-11 05:31 PM
    I do have my contacts saved into my computer so if I had to do it that way too thats an easy way to get them as well....I am just wanting ease for contacts transfer not the apps.
    08-20-11 05:46 PM
    I'll see how it goes tomorrow if I have any further questions I will just ask lol. Been reading how to do desk top transfer and also BB Protect stuff I probably am making both sound harder than they are
    08-20-11 05:54 PM
    Blackberry Protect was an extremely easy thing to set up on new phone and also to transfer. I suggest that as one of the methods if you are not a computer whiz like I am lol
    08-21-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD