I have installed BB Protect and signed in succesfully with my Blackberry ID. However when I try to use any feature such as back-up, it says "Your service plan does not include Blackberry Protect". I am a BIS user for years. How is it possible for my service plan to not include this service ? ( I am a Vodafone Germany user )

Thanks
    04-02-11 08:05 AM
    I have this exact same issue with mine. I am on the Rogers network. Not really sure what the deal is. Very annoying.
    04-02-11 08:17 PM
    I'm not experiencing the issue, but is it trying to back-up over your cellular network? I'd be interested to see if it says the same thing when you choose "Only Back Up over Wi-Fi".
    04-03-11 12:47 AM
    same here.....
    04-03-11 05:01 AM
    Actually this issue prevented backup over WiFi as well. I had it myself although gracefully O2 have resolved the issue.
    04-03-11 07:50 AM
    Backup over WiFi does not work either How did O2 solve this issue ?
    04-03-11 07:52 AM
    I have installed BB Protect and signed in succesfully with my Blackberry ID. However when I try to use any feature such as back-up, it says "Your service plan does not include Blackberry Protect". I am a BIS user for years. How is it possible for my service plan to not include this service ? ( I am a Vodafone Germany user )

Thanks
    I am a Vodafone It user.. I use it on BIS or BES and it just work fine: It is strange.
    04-03-11 04:28 PM
    I am a Vodafone It user.. I use it on BIS or BES and it just work fine: It is strange.
    Should not work on any BES connected phone as that is what the BES server does . . .
    04-03-11 04:46 PM
    I'm on rogers in canada and it worked fine with 2g (slow as **** lol) 3g and wifi

Try the old battery pull after installing trick?
    And connect to wifi first before going into the app? Then try making the backup?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 05:31 PM
    I did many battery pulls. I also tried wifi only. I tried resending service books but I don't get the service books for BB Protect. Can anyone please send me the service books for this ?

[email protected]
    23A77461

Thanks,
    04-04-11 12:43 PM
    I have the same issue as OP using Rogers.
    04-04-11 02:44 PM
    RIM is limmiting the use of bb protect, its only working on users with a big data plan or unlimited data plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD