I installed blackberry protect on my 9780 and i set it up and i did my backup right after the walk through so i decided to test the software out and i went to the protect website and signed it decided to test the loud ring feature it didst work, it said waiting for device to respond and it didn't work but for the display message feature it didn't work initially but my message got shown after 17 hours so i tried testing it the next day and the message got delivered after 9 hours while the loud ring and set password didnt work it keep saying that waiting for device to respond

And i restarted the protect from within the app it didn't work still
    I tested the app without running it am guessing no need to run the app for it to work, and the display my device feature isn't working too

My carrier is MTN Nigeria and i downloaded the protect from app world so which means my country is supported by the protect app

My connection is not slow, both my PC connection and my BIS connection speeds are not less than 100 kbps my PC connection is around 2 mbps my connection is super fast on the phone in the night when everybody is sleeping so i have the bandwith to myself
    05-01-11 05:04 PM
    well,
    BlackBerry Protect is service which has to be supported by wireless carriers...
    so...
    call your BB rep and ask if protect is supported...
    if it's supported...
    you will see a link icon in your home menu...

your operator will push it ....
    05-02-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD