--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Hope someone can help as this is drving me mad!!

2 weeks ago my friend put her sim card in my blackberry as her blackberry was broken and she needed some numbers saved to her sim.

Since then I havent received any notifications from facebook, but they are there when i log into the mobile site and from the PC.

I first noticed a problem when the next day i was told that my [email protected] adress was bouncing emails back. I re-created the account and since then all emails sent to this account have been coming thru no problems. This is also the account I have linked to my facebook.

I have done all the usual including re-installing facebook, battery out, registering with BIS, checking notification settings on facebook, logging out of facebook and in again, doing the host routing thing, requesting service book...if its in the forums, I have done it.

Please help if you can..not sure if this is a facebook based issue or a blackberry email based issue???

Jenny
    07-20-10 05:54 AM
    Have you tried linking your Facebook to another email account, see if that works, and then try and set it back to your Blackberry email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 08:54 AM
    Oh my goodness you are a genius...that seems so obvious now!! grrr at my own stupidity!!

Thank you so much JFR 8520!!

---

Just incase anyone else has a similar problem here was what I did (its a bit of a pain in the arse!!)

1. created new email account

2. added that email to my facebook

3. made it my primary email that notifications go to (by the way step 2 onwards is best done form a computer)

3. got a friend to facebook me (or just create a 'dummy' facebook account with yet another new email address as I had to do as no one with facebook on mobile phones was answering me plea for help!)

4. checked if notification came thru - which it did!! whoop!!

5. deleted blackberry.orange.co.uk email from facebook altogether

6. re-added blackberry.orange.co.uk email

7. made it primary and checked it was the contact email for notifications

8. re-logged into dummy facebook to send test notification /ask a friend!!

9....jumped up and down for joy when i saw that little blue 'f' with a red star appear on my blackberry!!!
    07-20-10 10:19 AM
    Oh my goodness you are a genius...that seems so obvious now!! grrr at my own stupidity!!

Thank you so much JFR 8520!!

---

Just incase anyone else has a similar problem here was what I did (its a bit of a pain in the arse!!)

1. created new email account

2. added that email to my facebook

3. made it my primary email that notifications go to (by the way step 2 onwards is best done form a computer)

3. got a friend to facebook me (or just create a 'dummy' facebook account with yet another new email address as I had to do as no one with facebook on mobile phones was answering me plea for help!)

4. checked if notification came thru - which it did!! whoop!!

5. deleted blackberry.orange.co.uk email from facebook altogether

6. re-added blackberry.orange.co.uk email

7. made it primary and checked it was the contact email for notifications

8. re-logged into dummy facebook to send test notification /ask a friend!!

9....jumped up and down for joy when i saw that little blue 'f' with a red star appear on my blackberry!!!
    LOL glad to see you got it working I wasnt sure my idea would work since I've never done it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 10:25 AM
    try this on for size:

ok here is the deal.

First and foremost I'm a systems engineer.
    blackberry and messaging is my thing, but I also handle everything else.
    in other words, I'm a pro.

moving on:

I cant receive any facebook notifications via the facebook application.
    Ive removed the facebook application from service books, the standard uninstall. I've removed the app from the facebook website itself.

still not one damn notification.
    I've enabled/disabled upgraded/downgraded facebook apps and still not one notification. I'm at my wits end.

I've done a fresh FULL data wipe on my BB and installed the app. no dice!

here is the kicker:
    last week, I decided to deactivate my facebook account and realized that I was addicted. Re-activated the account and now I cant get any alerts at all.

I've deleted the phone account that was attached to facebook and refreshed it with the number again. NADA.
    01-19-11 02:15 AM
    subscribed
    01-19-11 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD