Last edited by mizznina032; 12-25-08 at 11:24 AM.
    11-22-08 05:47 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "free COMPLETELY blackberry messenger"?

This is what's on Rogers' website:

Unlimited Email on BlackBerry $15 Plan

You can add Unlimited E-mail on BlackBerry to your Rogers Voice Rate Plan.

For $15 per month (added to your voice plan), personal email on BlackBerry provides you with the following:
    • support for up to 10 personal email accounts (Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo mail!, Google Gmail, MSN, Hotmail, AOL, or pop3/imap account through your internet service provider)
    • unlimited�� number of emails sent/received/forwarded
    • real time delivery of email messages for for Rogers Yahoo! (@rogers.com), Yahoo! Mail, or Google Gmail accounts�
    • attachment viewing (pictures, sound files, word, excel, powerpoint, and adobe pdf)
    • BlackBerry messenger (unlimited instant messaging with other BlackBerry contacts)
    • existing BlackBerry device customer, register or sign in to rogers.com, select "manage my wireless services", select "update my wireless essentials" and add "personal email on BlacBerry" from the individual essentials list.
    • If you want to use your BlackBerry for more than just personal email, then you will be interested in a BlackBerry data plan or BlackBerry voice & data plan package.

�real-time push email delivery is available with Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, and Google Gmail accounts integrated with BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). All other personal email is delivered every 2 � 15 minutes depending on the service provider and the frequency of use.

��Unlimited E-mail on BlackBerry includes unlimited email when using your BlackBerry on the Rogers wireless network. Standard roaming rate is billed at 3� per kb in the United States and other countries. Customers with Unlimited E-mail on a BlackBerry plan will be billed at only $0.006 per kb while roaming in the USA, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin islands.

Personal email on BlackBerry plan is subject to Rogers acceptable use policy.
    To the best of my knowledge, MSN Messenger and other forms of instant messaging are totally independent of SMS.

I'm sure your Rogers salesperson explained everything to you...I hope?
    11-22-08 06:06 PM
    Well to my knowledge, if you have an unlimited emails = it means that you have unlimited data transfer, this resulting in you having to use data on the phone as you wish, your BB messenger and WLM uses data traffic to operate, if you are allowed as much as you want then yes its all free.

I don't think it has anything to do with your sms, this is completely different category
    11-22-08 06:09 PM
    Last edited by mizznina032; 12-25-08 at 11:25 AM.
    11-22-08 06:55 PM
    MSN just uses Data, there's no texting involved at all, so it shouldn't use your texts, just your data...and assuming your on an unlimited data plan, you should be fine.
    11-22-08 07:02 PM
    11-22-08 07:23 PM
    11-22-08 07:32 PM
    If you're on an email plan, you can really only use your BB for email, BlackBerry Messenger, and telephone calls. The post I made earlier is what's on Rogers' website about the $15 BlackBerry email plan.

I've read that there was a change in the program allowed people to now use Google Talk, Yahoo IM, and MSN Messenger.

If you're planning to use the internet, like Facebook, using Google to find the latest movie, or YouTube, all that kind of stuff isn't included in your plan. This means right now, no Facebook for you! You'll need a totally different package for that -- one that allows you to use general data (so that includes IM, emails and browsing).

Sorry for sounding like an arse, but if you got your Bold at a Rogers Plus store or dealer, didn't your salesperson explain these plans to you before you got the phone?
    11-22-08 08:29 PM
    If you're on an email plan, you can really only use your BB for email, BlackBerry Messenger, and telephone calls. The post I made earlier is what's on Rogers' website about the $15 BlackBerry email plan.

I've read that there was a change in the program allowed people to now use Google Talk, Yahoo IM, and MSN Messenger...
    I had actually just called into rogers about half an hour or so ago to confirm this, for my own sake. I am on the same plan as mizznina032 and the rep reassured me that if I was using WLM on my private Wifi network I would receive no charges. He also went on to say that if I had left the coverage zone of my Wifi network and was on the Rogers network that I would also receive no charges.

But I would suggest calling Rogers and ask them directly for your own peace of mind That's what I did and I feel much better.

Now I just have to be careful not to launch any HTML pages through any of the browsers otherwise I will receive huge fees because of it

Jared
    11-22-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD