Does anyone know if RIM saved chats and pictures sent through BBOS and even BlackBerry 10(BBRY)?

Do they have this kind of customer data on their servers?

With the recent talk of WhatsApp going against its policy by sharing with Facebook, I thought it was about time I found out about BlackBerry and it's privacy policy and data collection policy.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 01:21 AM
    I doubt this would have happened with the "most secure OS available"....love to see the people who don their tin foil hats and tell you their opinions tho. That's mine. No.
    08-27-16 11:23 AM
    Does anyone know if RIM saved chats and pictures sent through BBOS and even BlackBerry 10(BBRY)?

Do they have this kind of customer data on their servers?

With the recent talk of WhatsApp going against its policy by sharing with Facebook, I thought it was about time I found out about BlackBerry and it's privacy policy and data collection policy.

Posted via CB10
    Read the BBM terms of service. They have your permission to collect personal information for the purposes of directed advertising, but they cannot provide identifying information to any third party.

Saved chats are also kept on the BlackBerry servers, so presumably they could access those until they expire.

Of course, if you use BBM Protected, it is fully encrypted end-to-end, and not even BlackBerry can eavesdrop.
    08-27-16 11:59 AM
    How long until expiration?

Thanks for response.
    08-27-16 01:49 PM
    How long until expiration?

Thanks for response.
    If I remember, it's a couple of weeks or so.
    08-27-16 03:17 PM
    What?! They literally keep things for weeks only? Any source material to support this?
    08-28-16 03:36 PM
    What?! They literally keep things for weeks only? Any source material to support this?
    Have you used group chats on BBM? They expire in rather short order.

If you use one on one chats without "save my chats" toggled to on, they don't sit on the server.

Chen himself said they only keep user information and time of messages - but not content.
    08-28-16 03:44 PM
    i am guessing longer than that because crooks have been caught with their BBM chats before when BB has provided the info to the authorities.
    08-28-16 04:03 PM