Will BBM6 / Blackberry Messenger 6.0 be available on OS5?

I know the Beta is only available for OS6, but there is no mention of the final release being OS5 compatible. I always assumed it would be (and the beta approach would be the same as the Facebook 2.0 beta) but now I'm starting to think maybe it won't grace the older blackberry models after all?
    04-29-11 10:14 AM
    Will BBM6 / Blackberry Messenger 6.0 be available on OS5?

I know the Beta is only available for OS6, but there is no mention of the final release being OS5 compatible. I always assumed it would be (and the beta approach would be the same as the Facebook 2.0 beta) but now I'm starting to think maybe it won't grace the older blackberry models after all?
    The beta bbm6 can be put on os5. You just sign up for a beta and you can download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GentlemanCool likes this.
    04-29-11 10:17 AM
    it is just the beta version 6 of BBM, has nothing to do with OS6 except that it was just available for OS6 for a while. But now the beta vers 6 of BBM is available for OS5 phones through BB Beta Zone, you have to be signed up as a beta tester then you can download it. It's nice!
    04-29-11 11:34 AM
    yup beta works on OS5 from beta zone
    04-29-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks guys, must have been looking at outdated articles. Any idea when it's coming out of beta?

And seen as you guys know your beta stuff, save me creating another thread, any idea when Facebook 2.0 comes out of beta?
    05-01-11 10:31 AM
    I haven't heard a release date for either.
    05-01-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD