I had a WE 883 and used media sync with no problems. Just received a Curve from sprint and when I try media sync I get this "Blackberry media sync failed to connect to Blackberry". I have seen a lot of questions about this but no one seems to give an answer. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the battery on my phone with no luck. Can anyone help.
    11-03-08 12:36 PM
    Not to sound stupid, but do you have a media card installed?
    11-03-08 03:41 PM
    if so, try restarting the computer and doing a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 03:46 PM
    yes 4 gig media card and tried unistalling everything on my computer, we installing and rebooting computer. Battery pull, and still says the samething. So I have no idea what to do?
    11-04-08 08:07 AM
    Try formatting your card on a PC.
    11-04-08 08:21 AM
    did not work, I took some pictures and they transfered to from my blackberry to desktop with out a problem. So I still have no idea about media sync.
    11-04-08 09:54 AM
    I do have one comment. I had the WE8830 from sprint. When I got the curve, I just synced to desktop manager. I never put in the CD that came with the curve. Is there anything on there that I would need to download to help me sync with Media Snyc?
    11-04-08 12:35 PM
    So, I did a total wipe of my blackberry and deleted desktop manager off my computer. That worked and was able to sync itunes using Blackberry Media sync.

Now, I have songs on my blackberry, but when I click on Playlist, nothing shows up. What happened to the songs?
    11-05-08 10:10 AM
    Ok, cleared my memory card and we synced with media sync and that works. Finally got everything to work. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    11-05-08 12:32 PM
    I am getting the following error when i try to use Media Sync with my 8220. "The Blackberry Media Sync installation failed to initialize. Please run the Blackberry Desktop Manager with administrative privileges and try again." How do i run the desktop manager with administrative privileges?!? Or what else can i do to get this to work. I have songs on my Micro SD already, I want to add more. HELP!
    11-06-08 10:46 AM
    What desktop OS are you running?
    11-06-08 11:59 AM
    I am running Windows Vista
    11-06-08 12:04 PM
    I am running Desktop Manaer 4.6
    11-06-08 08:55 PM
    I am having the exact same issue. Any thoughts??!!
    11-09-08 12:58 AM
    I was having the same problems all of a sudden. It took me weeks to figure it out, but I finally found the problem.

I have a shortcut for Desktop Manager on my laptop.

If Desktop Manager is running please close it.

Then right click on the Desktop Manager shortcut.

Left click on the "Properties" option.

Left click the "Compatability" tab.

The box at the bottom titled "Privilege Level": Notice that there is no checkmark in the "Run the program as an administrator", this is ur problem.

Checkmark this options.

Click "Apply"

Then click "OK"

Launch Desktop Manager. I didnt have to restart computer or do a battery pull.

Media Manager, and Snyc should work.

Just make sure u are the administrator of ur computer. Im running Vista so that dialog box will pop up asking 4 permission.
    12-27-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD