Just thought I'd pass this along since when I tried to find it the other day on RIM's website I couldn't. If you want to download the ribbon icon for the built in Blackberry Maps you can go to http://www.blackberry.com/send/maps from your phone's browser to install it.

I know when the phone was first released on AT&T people had speculated that it wasn't at mobile.blackberry.com because AT&T didn't want it there but it seems that they just hadn't updated the maps website for the Torch yet. BTW, it's still not at mobile.blackberry.com.
    09-01-10 10:02 AM
    Great thanks so much. now If I could find a way to get the ATT nav to work
    09-01-10 10:48 AM
    Thanks but I can't seem to get BlackBerry Maps to work. All I get is a white screen where the map should be. I know the GPS is working because if I'm in the car, it'll show my speed and the map will look like it's moving (again, all white and no map images are shown).

Anyone else having this same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 12:35 AM
    I had the same problem, miine turned out to be an issue with the MDS service on the BES. Or it just happened to start working at the same time that was fixed. Are you on a BES?

09-02-10 07:38 AM
    Just thought I'd pass this along since when I tried to find it the other day on RIM's website I couldn't. If you want to download the ribbon icon for the built in Blackberry Maps you can go to http://www.blackberry.com/send/maps from your phone's browser to install it.

I know when the phone was first released on AT&T people had speculated that it wasn't at mobile.blackberry.com because AT&T didn't want it there but it seems that they just hadn't updated the maps website for the Torch yet. BTW, it's still not at mobile.blackberry.com.
    I downloaded and installed it, but I cound not see the icon. I can see it on the computer Desktop manager when I connet the phone with my computer. How can I make it visible and use it?
    09-03-10 11:18 PM
    Mine did it. I figure it was downloading or initializing or something. Ten minutes later when I opened it, I had maps.
    09-03-10 11:51 PM
    I had the same problem, miine turned out to be an issue with the MDS service on the BES. Or it just happened to start working at the same time that was fixed. Are you on a BES?

I'm on on BES and I'm still having issues even after resending my service books, etc. Any thoughts?
    09-07-10 12:29 AM
    Ok ima newb but what's better BB Maps or Google Maps?

I'm looking for a garmin feel will any of these work.

09-07-10 12:48 AM
    i tried , i download first and i cant find it in myt torch but i see it on the desktop manager ..any ideas ?i really want my bberry maps
    09-07-10 05:49 AM
    actually i re did the download and after it was completed i pulled the battery ..once the phone restarted i had bberry maps ..!!!!!!!!
    09-07-10 05:53 AM

Thank you! I have resourced back to this post few times already! That darn maps icon continues to disappear. I have the Torch and don't need to do battery pulls that often but when I do! The other links n threads don't work for me.
    09-21-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD