Hey Guys, have you noticed that the Blackberry Map's ICON is hidden... again, like all the other AT&T blackberrys? But this time AT&T doesn't have the ribbon file available on the mobile.blackberry.com site yet. They have however unlocked all of the features except for direct access to the application. Just food for thought, and I want to throw that out there for anyone who is really looking for BB maps.

The program does look like it has been upgraded.

Best,

JVS
    08-12-10 07:56 PM
    is there a way to download bb maps. I would like to have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 09:11 PM
    I tried downloading the LBS_Ribbon file like i did on my bold 9000. and was promptly told that it wasn't compatiable for the version of the OS.

What is weird i backed up and did a restore from my 9000 and all of a sudden the icon is there. So it appears that for some reason it pulled that file over from my 9000. So that might help others that want to get it on their torch. BB Maps looks very different
    08-12-10 09:21 PM
    I know when I reported AT&T to the FCC, they responded promptly with a link to download the ribbon file. @Thumper1, check your applications, you most likely have the maps application and the icon is hidden-The ribbon file is the Icon for the program. If not, blackberry.com should have the download, or try mobile.blackberry.com via mobile.
    08-12-10 10:20 PM
    I or try mobile.blackberry.com via mobile.
    Worked great. Thanks for the tip. Installed the ribbon file and I can now see the BB Maps Icon!!
    08-13-10 02:48 AM
    Worked great. Thanks for the tip. Installed the ribbon file and I can now see the BB Maps Icon!!
    Please explain. Do I need to download the BlackBerryMaps app from mobile.blackberry.com?
    08-13-10 05:37 AM
    No, you would normally need to download the lds ribbon applet, which allows the BB Maps icon to appear (it's already loaded on your phone, but AT&T has hidden the icon):

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi

The problem is that on the Torch, this lds ribbon fix doesn't work. You get the following message: "Sorry, your device does not support the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."

Obviously, since BB Maps 6.0.0.8 is on the Torch, that's not true, but RIM has not updated the lds ribbon applet to work with OS 6.
    08-13-10 06:16 AM
    If you have BBMaps installed, I've been able to get in to it by going to a Contact entry that has an address listed. Hit the BlackBerry Menu button and select "View Work (or home) On Map"

And in to BBMaps you go!

You can install it with the OS loader.
    08-13-10 09:17 AM
    If you have BBMaps installed, I've been able to get in to it by going to a Contact entry that has an address listed. Hit the BlackBerry Menu button and select "View Work (or home) On Map"

And in to BBMaps you go!

You can install it with the OS loader.
    Yes you can, but you don't have the home screen icon for it.
    08-13-10 09:27 AM
    Here's the BB Maps launcher. It works in my Torch.
    08-13-10 09:52 AM
    I went to mobile.blackberry.com, but can't seem to find it. Any help?? Thanks!
    08-13-10 06:14 PM
    Here's the BB Maps launcher. It works in my Torch.
    I grabbed the zip file and now I have the .cod file, but I don't know how to get it onto my Torch. I am new to this and would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    08-14-10 09:24 AM
    I installed the ribbon file on my Torch and it works fine for me. (Although I do like Google Maps better).

C
    08-14-10 09:58 AM
    I installed the ribbon file on my Torch and it works fine for me. (Although I do like Google Maps better).

C

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you install the ribbon file? Where do you find it? Can you please supply a link??? Thanks!!
    08-14-10 02:20 PM
    You will find it at http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...y.do?code=maps

C

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 02:53 PM
    I did this install, but the icon keeps dissapearing, even after installing. it shows right after install, then it's gone again.

how do i keep this icon permanently?

thanks.
    08-14-10 06:28 PM
    08-15-10 07:26 AM
    BB Maps can be downloaded directly from the Torch itself.
    Go to this page- BlackBerry - BlackBerry Maps Download and then enter ur email id using on Torch, click submit, will receive an email with the link for download.

Thanks
    08-16-10 04:40 PM
    FROM IE goto http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...e.do...connect Torch to usb... following instructions. BB Maps will show main screen... net_rim_lbs_ribbon 6.0.0.134 Post result
    09-15-10 12:57 PM
    Fix Post :FROM IE goto http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...y.do?code=maps and connect Torch to usb... following instructions. BB Maps will show main screen... net_rim_lbs_ribbon 6.0.0.134 Post result
    09-15-10 01:16 PM
    It's just as easy to go to any contact that has and adress and highlight it the adress hit the menue key then View (Home or Work on map. and black berry map starts
    10-28-10 03:01 PM
    Use the launcher app posted in the other thread, not the lbs_ribbon... (I don't remember the thread name but I put the link on my site also).

The lbs_ribbon just disappears after reboot. The launcher app does not.
    10-28-10 04:07 PM
    The ribbon file download from that link works for me. I'm running 6.0.0.246 by the way. I did a reboot and the icon stayed. Just thought I would put that out there.
    12-16-10 03:20 PM
    Heres the launcher app. This always works http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

The lbs_ribbon usually disappears.
    PiotrJot likes this.
    12-16-10 03:47 PM
    not working
    04-18-11 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD