Hi All
    I"ve been having a couple of problems with my Blackberry lately.
    I'm running v5.0.0.862 on my BB9700.
    1. The processing clock is always running and makes the whole phone lag. Take me forever to send out a BBM message even if its just "OMG".
    2. I tried to upgrade the OS to the leaked OS 6 to fix the problem but it says my AppLoader won't load (I'm using Windows through a Mac). I tried deleting the Vendor.xml file and launching the loader.exe file but still says I have the same problem.
    3. This morning I got a low Application Memory warning (i didn't install anything new for the past few weeks) and now its 104.3 MB free with 3.6 GB free on my MicroSD card and still has the same problem.
    I recovered my phone to a date when I didn't have any problems but it still lags.
    Please any help is appreciated! I'm desperate and im going nuts here.
    11-23-10 12:34 PM
    How often are you performing battery pulls?

How many Apps do you have running at one time?

OS6 will NOT fix the clock, i found i had it alot on my OS6, and went back to .979.

The free space on your media card does not mean anything more than how much media you can store on it. You do not run apps on the media card.
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 12:39 PM
    I'm pulling my batter at least 5 times a day.
    I only have Whatsapp, twitter and BBM on? Is there a way to see how many apps i'm running at once?
    I thought maybe if I upgraded it might fix it. I can't even upgrade it though because the apploader won't load.
    11-23-10 12:47 PM
    I'm pulling my batter at least 5 times a day.
    I only have Whatsapp, twitter and BBM on? Is there a way to see how many apps i'm running at once?
    Keep pressed the Blackberry button and you'll see which apps are running on background.

Since when you've been having this issue? Have you installed any themes / apps recently?
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 01:28 PM
    Yes I found out, its the usual suspects:
    BBM, Phone, Home Screen, Browser, Whasapp, Messages and UberTwitter.
    I haven't installed any themes or apps recently either. The last thing I installed was google Sync but that was a couple of weeks ago, and my phone was working fine then.
    This all started about a 4 days ago, i've been trying to upgrade to the leaked 6.0.0.XXX but it can never connect to the device ROM, it always says the AppLoader won't load.
    11-23-10 01:49 PM
    Have you tried wiping your phone first before attempting to upgrade to OS6?
    yes I have...it still gives me the AppLoader error message when it tries to Connect to the Device Rom. I'm using a MiniUSB cable with a micro usb adapter, could that be a reason?
    11-23-10 02:16 PM
    yes I have...it still gives me the AppLoader error message when it tries to Connect to the Device Rom. I'm using a MiniUSB cable with a micro usb adapter, could that be a reason?
    Could be. This is something I've been seeing over and over on this forum and I'm not really sure if it's a myth or not, however:

sounds like your computer can't supply the amount of power the Torch is requesting, if you're using a hub, make sure it is a powered USB hub, and not one that gets its power from your computer.
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 02:34 PM
    Use the ports in the back of your computer and not the front. It should work fine. The front ports almost always use a non-powered hub.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks guys
    I will give it another shot!
    11-23-10 04:19 PM
    My front Usb works just fine...and computer is old as ****...

Could be the mini-usb adapter though. I don't need one and no problems here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 06:26 PM
    I went out and got an official Blackberry USB cable, plugged it to the rear end USB port (using a macbook pro) and it still won't connect to the Device ROM. My next try is simply wiping the entire blackberry to factory settings and seeing if this will work.
    11-23-10 08:58 PM
    use a PC... mac are known for failure with BBs
    deedoubleu likes this.
    11-23-10 09:01 PM
    Tried to even downgrade to .544 using Windows XP via Parallels and had the same problem, unable to connect to device ROM. anyways I will try to upgrade from a Windows computer tomorrow. Hopefully that will work.
    11-23-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD