07-27-13 02:27 AM
- Kobo was working fine for me. I downloaded an upgrade and is stopped working properly.
I deleted Kobo and reinstalled it from App World and now it's working again
Actually I get that message for one book I bought today. It opens on the playbook and desktop computer but on my phone (after Kobo upgrade) I get the "must have first chapter message"
Last edited by anthogag; 04-10-12 at 08:05 PM.04-10-12 07:36 PM
- The very first time I installed Kobo on my Bold.. Oh.. What a nightmare! I immediately deleted it. I recently reinstalled it and its working fine.
Did you try another book? Maybe it was just that one?
My advice would be to reinstall it, with battery pulls in between. See how that goes.04-10-12 10:39 PM
- I am having this exact issue. I contacted Kobo via the web site. They emailed me back to get the name of the book then simply refunded the price as store credit. No attempt at all at a technical solution. The book works fine on playbook but won't open on the phone so l feel kinda bad taking a full refund.
I wonder how many free books they'll hand out before they decide to fix the issue.
How hard can it be to program an e-reader. It's just text for crying out loud.10-15-12 08:40 PM
- See below my latest exchange with Kobo. Don't hold your breath, but at some point they will get sick of giving refunds to anyone who owns a BB. It's probably some bug to do with the DRAM which was a stupid idea in the first place.
Response Via Email (Ginny E)
Thank you for your reply. Kobo is working to correct the issue and the next update should solve this problem.
The Kobo Team
Customer By Email (Y-Chromosome)
Thanks for the refund. What I really want is working software. I will advise the others on the BB user's forum to do as I did and get their refund. Many people are facing this exact bug. In the long term it will probably be better to fix the bug than to keep refunding money.
Y-C10-18-12 12:28 PM
- I have Kindle, but Kindle and Kobo don't always offer the same books or at the same price. Kindle is also a side-loaded rather than a native Ap on the Playbook and tends to freeze up, whereas Kobo on playbook is pretty bug free.
Frankly I'm not entirely satisfied with how either company is treating BB and/or Playbook users.
I would love a bug-free native BB and native Playbbok ap that seamlessly shares between devices.
I suppose this is where all the BB and Playbook hetred derives from. It's not the devices though, it's the developers. It's like there's a conspiracy amongst developers to kill RIM by screwing over or ignoring its clients.10-19-12 04:19 PM
- This is still ongoing. The reviews on App World (or whatever it's called now) is just a string of complaints.
I'm curious if the delay has anything to do with the fact that Chapters-Indigo sold Kobo to a Japanese company, Rakuten Inc.
This is the latest I got from Kobo today.
Issue report: Wed Feb 20 23:08:42 America/New_York 2013
Response Via Email (Alexandra F) 02/21/2013 03:55 PM
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care,
At this time since the update for Blackberry was released it has interfered with the Kobo App which is why you receive this error message.
Our development team is working on a resolution however at this time we do not have a time frame to give in which the fix will be released.
You are still able to access your books on the Kobo Desktop App as well as most other eReader's and through Apple and Android devices.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.
Answers to our most common questions can be found at: Help - Kobo Support
The Kobo Team
Auto-Response 02/20/2013 11:10 PM
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. Your question has been received and you can anticipate a response within 24-48 hours.
Customer By Email (Y-C) 02/20/2013 11:10 PM
User's comments: getting "Book must have the first Chapter" error on all titles. Why won't you fix this?
Application Name: Kobo
Application Version: 4.2.1
License key: null
BB Device Model: 9800
BB Apps Version: 18.104.22.1687
BB Platform Version: 22.214.171.124
Display language: English
Input language: English
Current network: TELUS
Country code: CAN
SIM Home network: MNC=#;MCC=#
Sent from my BlackBerry
Question Reference #130220-001790
Product Level 1: Blackberry
Product Level 2: Mobile - Bold
Category Level 1: Books
Date Created: 02/20/2013 11:10 PM
Last Updated: 02/21/2013 03:55 PM
Place Of Purchase:
Incident Language: English
Country: United States (US)
Last edited by Y-Chromosome; 02-21-13 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo02-21-13 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD