Ok... This is my own little rant about RIM's Facebook app.
    Unlike the Facebook app for the iPhone, Facebook does not produce the one for the Blackberry, RIM does. In doing so they have not made it as robust as the iPhone version.

If you think there should be a better app with more features (like chat), please make your comments here so the nice folks at RIM who read these posts will take our suggestions into consideration.

Ok.... I'm done now.
    11-12-09 03:31 PM
    Facebook really needs to update their facebook app for us BlackBerry users. I wouldn't mind seeing a chat option or a better interface to view people's profiles including my own. And what would really help is if they fixed that problem with the new facebook app that keeps telling me, "there was a problem while communication with Facebook", i would really like it if Facebook would have a better support for the Blackberry App.
    11-12-09 03:50 PM
    I agree, a chat option would be great. I would also like if the facebook app would work all the time. I am guessing that is to much to ask.
    11-12-09 03:51 PM
    I would like the option to delete friends from the app instead of having to log in on a computer..and yes a chat option would be nice..
    11-12-09 04:41 PM
    Facebook really needs to update their facebook app for us BlackBerry users.
    First facebook does not develop the app, RIM does. Placing blame at facebooks feet is not where it belongs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 04:52 PM
    The problem I am seeing is that 1.7 can't connect to the server at all. I did fine with 1.6. I will point out that I have "generic" data without BIS and *appararently* (not yet confirmed for sure) 1.7 requires a BIS to connect. There was no need for that setup.

I was able to rollback to 1.6 by downloading the ZIP/RAR files and installing with the desktop manager, but it would be nice to not have to do so.

11-12-09 05:28 PM
    First facebook does not develop the app, RIM does. Placing blame at facebooks feet is not where it belongs.

well maybe they should develop it then, hmm?
    11-12-09 06:06 PM
    I would like to be able to view friend requests, chat, change my profile pic and see who's online. It wouldn't be so bad if I could upload videos also. Maybe that's asking too much for a mobile app...idk!

11-12-09 07:39 PM
    well maybe they should develop it then, hmm?
    I agree! If Facebook developed this app in the first then maybe we wouldn't have these connection problems. Either way at least the app is working fine now.
    11-12-09 09:11 PM
    I would like to be able to view friend requests, chat, change my profile pic and see who's online. It wouldn't be so bad if I could upload videos also. Maybe that's asking too much for a mobile app...idk!

Nah i dont' think that's asking too much at all. Being able to change profile pic and see who's online should have already been a given. Uploading videos would be sweet!!! Maybe we'll get some of these wishful features in version 1.8-2.0, somewhere along there
    11-12-09 09:14 PM
    If RIM is really listening......

It's very obvious from the dozens and dozens of posts in this forum that FaceBook issues are probably the biggest single source of complaints about the BlackBerry. FaceBook is, of course, an important app to many people, and I personally know several who have either ditched their 'berries for the iPhone (upon which the FB app works flawlessly), or intend to do so as soon as their contracts expire.

This should be one of RIM's primary concerns. Is it?
    11-13-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD