Guys, I am really in need of a download manager for my Curve 8520. I have tried AED downloader without success, Turtle - this works but on through WAP access, Mobile download Accelerator did not install in my curve.

I need an application that can download large files of all types through BIS/BES and Wifi and TCP access. Please assist as soon as possible. I have unlimited BIS account which I want to use and get some files online. Tether does not work for me hence I have to download through BB.
    I have been managing to download with Bolt but frequent error of 'werite failed' makes it frustrating.
    Counting on your support as always. Thanks in advance.

P.S. If there has been a thread on this, kindly direct me there as my search returned no results. Tanx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 06:13 AM
    Don't click on that spam link.
    04-23-11 07:39 AM
    Don't click on that spam link.
    How or what do you mean? Pls expantiate on your post.

04-24-11 03:54 AM
    There was a post that got deleted.
    04-24-11 06:08 AM
    Depending on the model BlackBerry you have, it can be possible through the native browser. On OS6 I've managed up to nearly 1GB, so there's no limit besides time. <OS6, and I'm afraid it will be a frustrating endevour, as you've experienced. I like Bolt a lot, and having the Transport set to Socket in Preferences may help. WiFi would certainly be of assistance too. While I never liked it in the past, the latest Opera Mini could be a better choice for you, and cn be downloaded here:

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers
    04-24-11 06:40 AM
    If you are trying to share or exchange large files with coworkers, Dropbox - Simplify your life is a good option.
    04-24-11 06:53 AM
    Depending on the model BlackBerry you have, it can be possible through the native browser. On OS6 I've managed up to nearly 1GB, so there's no limit besides time. <OS6, and I'm afraid it will be a frustrating endevour, as you've experienced. I like Bolt a lot, and having the Transport set to Socket in Preferences may help. WiFi would certainly be of assistance too. While I never liked it in the past, the latest Opera Mini could be a better choice for you, and cn be downloaded here:

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers
    Thanks for the reply. I have a curve 8520 with the latest OS 5....1067 running.
    The problem with the natve BB browser is that it cannot resume or pause a downlod. On the other hand, I have operamini 6.0 (latest) installed. But downloads fail when network signal fluctuates. In most cases, it cannot be resumed.
    I just thought that there might a good BB downloader that can download large files, pause, stop and resume like AED for Symbian phones.
    I have come across many J2ME versions but the don't work through BIS access. Well, the search continues! �

04-25-11 06:24 PM
    I wish you lots of luck. My search for better came up empty so far. Even with OSicks abilities, to stop/start a download would be awesome added. There ar two aides, but I'm not sure either would be of assistance. Maybe....

Duoberry mobile video search

Awesome for downloading videos, from most sources.

4shared mobile for Symbian - All 4shared at your mobile phone!

Great if you can get the downloads you need uploaded there.

I think your best solution however, is an upgrade when the next gen comes out. That's around the corner.
    04-25-11 08:35 PM
    Mmmh! Thanks guy again. Duoberry is useful with uTube and video search as you mentioned. I use it. Wish I can develop a BB IDM! That would really be the magic.

04-26-11 10:20 PM
    I have a 9320 with a download manager.problem need a.solution.
    11-16-12 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD