So I just got a blackberry Bold today, I download twitter and opera mini and all the good apps I need.

They are working fine, then all of a sudden the resolution or somehting changes on the apps. Not all, just some.

Opera mini is no unusable, as it condenses the entire webpage onto an entire screen, pushing all the text together so it is unreadable.

Twitter is half the size, even the media net the phone came with is half the size, almost imporssible to read.

I'm utterly clueless, I didn't change any settings, it just happened. and it only affects a few apps?

Anyone know what I should do.
    05-22-09 02:40 AM
    Have you tried zooming in?
    05-22-09 02:43 AM
    yeah it's not that.

It feels more like a weird bug or something, I am gonna do a full reinstall if I can't figure it out.
    05-22-09 03:22 AM
    try changing the screen font size in your options and save it. then change it back to the default value you want and see if that fixes it.
    05-22-09 03:24 AM
    Did you try a battery pull??
    05-22-09 03:37 AM
    Did you try a battery pull??
    Always the first step with any issue!

Chris
    05-22-09 03:39 AM
    Font change did nothing, battery pull did nothing, deleting and redownloding apps did nothing, changing settings did nothing, changing settings on apps did nothing.

It's like certain apps are screwing with the aspect ration, like when you have a video game on a PC that needs a different resolution than your desktop and if you don't set it right, it makes the game all screwy.

The starnge part is, is was working fine, I literally just did a google search and the search came all squished in, then went back and the home page was all squished as well, then I tried other apps such as Twitter and Media Net and while not squished, their text and pictures were half the size they were before.

I have been googling and can't find anyone who has had this problem!

so strange.
    05-22-09 03:41 AM
    uhm yeah, so now my email will no longer sync up. -they were synched 12 hours ago, and look synched up, but nothing will send to the BB.

So something is major wrong. Should I return the phone or just do a clean reinstall of the OS?
    05-22-09 05:14 PM
    just to update, formatted the entire BB and reset to factory settings.

Nothing, still same problems except now email doesn't work at all, only BB messenger works.

I was sure the full format and reinstall would work.

I'm gonna take the phone back tommorow.
    05-22-09 06:35 PM
    ouch. Sorry to hear. I didnt really have any advice to contribute but I'd been watching for an update hoping you got it working. Good luck with the replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 06:39 PM
    yeah, it's just kinda weird huh?

Well the phone was awesome for the 12 hours it worked!! lol

Can't wait to get a new one!
    05-22-09 06:56 PM
    Well, it is fixed!!

Seeing I couldn't get a replacement till tommorow I tried another reinstall after reading some more directions.

I wiped the phone clean from the phone, then did the reformat on the computer, then restored the phone... All seperatly instead of as one process.

Eureka, everything works!
    05-22-09 10:26 PM
    Glad you got it working again! Congrats!
    05-22-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD