One of my apps has an upgrade available, but it's not a free upgrade. Is there any way to decline the upgrade? I thought I had done it, but the alert keeps popping back up. Thanks!
    03-04-11 09:08 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you purchase an app, and later the app gets an update, you should be able to update with no additional fee. I would suggest contacting the app developer technical support team. I've purchased many apps in BB App World, and have never had to pay when an updated version is released.
    03-04-11 09:11 AM
    Yeah you definitely shouldn't be charged to do an update! :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 09:14 AM
    One of my apps has an upgrade available, but it's not a free upgrade. Is there any way to decline the upgrade? I thought I had done it, but the alert keeps popping back up. Thanks!
    what app are you referring to?
    normally it should be FREE once you purchased it.
    but there are some like BerryBuzz/ BeBuzz who will charge you $1.99 or less for the upgrade if you purchased the app before 2011.
    03-04-11 09:25 AM
    A couple things to try.
    1. I assume you did it but I will say it anyway...Battery Pull
    2. When you are signed in to App World/My World you can reset it. Hold ALT and type R-S-T. This will reset My World on the device and it may stop prompting you.

Other than this I might contact the developer to find out what you can do to prevent it.
    03-04-11 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD